AD/AF MEB Timeline

JustinBaze

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Below are my current list of events and was wondering my timeline and when I may potentially seperate.

10/03/23 - MEB initiated
11/6/23 - Commander impact statement complete and fowarded to PEBLO
11/9/23 - FL4 Recieved from PEBLO and forwarded to AFPC
11/20/23 - FL4 returned from AFPC/Reccomendation is full MEB/IDES
12/13/23 - First C&P exam
12/28/23 - Last C&P exam
01/01/24 - VA recieved all exams and my case was assigned to a va rep for rating
01/18/24 - AF Form 618 provided by PEBLO, signed and returned.
01/19/24 - Rating from VA were provided (proposed %90 DOD rating, unsure what AF will be, and wether it will be temp or permanent).
Current - I am asumming once the AF Form 618 is sent and proccessed by AFPC for deposition I will be notified for seperation once thier complete (Thankfully the VA is already done with their rating) ?

Damn, we have a similar timeline but you have gotten ahead of me by quite a bit. My last C&P was done before Thanksgiving and I haven’t gotten a 618 yet. Where are you located that is on top of their shit?

Damn, we have a similar timeline but you have gotten ahead of me by quite a bit. My last C&P was done before Thanksgiving and I haven’t gotten a 618 yet. Where are you located that is on top of their shit?
I’m at Barksdale and it seems like they are!

I’m at Barksdale and it seems like they are!
Update, got my 618 today! Signed it as fast as I could to get them to send it down the line haha.

How did you manage to get your proposed VA ratings? I can see that my claim has been closed on VA.gov a week ago but I was told I couldn’t see the proposed ratings til after my IPEB was done.

Update, got my 618 today! Signed it as fast as I could to get them to send it down the line haha.

How did you manage to get your proposed VA ratings? I can see that my claim has been closed on VA.gov a week ago but I was told I couldn’t see the proposed ratings til after my IPEB was done.
Congrats! I sent my 618 up last week and got the AFPC confirmation email this Tuesday. Hoping to hear back from AFPC within the next few week consider they won’t be waiting on my VA ratings because they’re already done. I was told by my PEBLO that AFPC normally takes 4-6 weeks if they have to wait on the VA. So I am guessing they should only have mine for about 1-2 weeks.

I reached out to my VA rep who seems ready to help me with anything. The same person who scheduled my C&P exams. He provided me with my overall VA “proposed” ratings (Not sure if they were suppose to give me that info). I tried poking the bear to see my individual claims but they weren’t able to provide that information as it typically comes from AFPC then to your PEBLO.

Below are my current list of events and was wondering my timeline and when I may potentially seperate.

10/03/23 - MEB initiated
11/6/23 - Commander impact statement complete and fowarded to PEBLO
11/9/23 - FL4 Recieved from PEBLO and forwarded to AFPC
11/20/23 - FL4 returned from AFPC/Reccomendation is full MEB/IDES
12/13/23 - First C&P exam
12/28/23 - Last C&P exam
01/01/24 - VA recieved all exams and my case was assigned to a va rep for rating
01/18/24 - AF Form 618 provided by PEBLO, signed and returned.
01/19/24 - Rating from VA were provided (proposed %90 DOD rating, unsure what AF will be, and wether it will be temp or permanent).
Current - I am asumming once the AF Form 618 is sent and proccessed by AFPC for deposition I will be notified for seperation once thier complete (Thankfully the VA is already done with their rating?)
01/23/24 - Received AFPC email confirming reception of AF Form 618. PEBLO expects 4-6 week turn around time, but considering the VA completed my rating, I would expect this timeline to condense.

01/23/24 - Received AFPC email confirming reception of AF Form 618. PEBLO expects 4-6 week turn around time, but considering the VA completed my rating, I would expect this timeline to condense.
Seems like we are in a race now, got them email from AFPC on 25 Jan confirming reception. VA also completed my rating, I checked the site and saw it was closed on 17 Jan.

Seems like we are in a race now, got them email from AFPC on 25 Jan confirming reception. VA also completed my rating, I checked the site and saw it was closed on 17 Jan.
You can try reaching out to your VA rep and getting your overall percentage. Mine was able to provide the overall but not my individual ratings.

You can try reaching out to your VA rep and getting your overall percentage. Mine was able to provide the overall but not my individual ratings.
PEBLO reached out today (29 Jan 24) with IPEB findings. Recevied both DOD/VA ratings. I am not appealing so now I wait for seperation orders. Estimated 1-21 days for AFPC to populate them.

PEBLO reached out today (29 Jan 24) with IPEB findings. Recevied both DOD/VA ratings. I am not appealing so now I wait for seperation orders. Estimated 1-21 days for AFPC to populate them.
That's awesome to hear! I assume you got what you were hoping for since you are not appealing?

I received 10% DOD and 90% VA (91% actual rating)

I’ll receive my severance with no recoupment through the VA due to my injury incurring in a combat zone. I plan on filing for an increase in 6-12 months to hopefully get 100% with the VA.

You didn't want to try the one-time VA reconsideration for your referred diagnosis?
The criteria for ratings for my specific condition (left wrist non-union fracture) is very difficult to receive a 30% rating on my non-dominant hand. I do not think I would qualify for a rating of 30% or higher, nor do I want to drag this process out for another 3-6 months.

I completely understand not wanting to extend it any longer. I want a retirement but already planned on pushing with whatever they give me to get out. I think I could push for mine to be changed to a retirement after the fact if I wanted so that could be an option for me later. Congrats on your results!

almost same time got into MEB. Completed CP exams on Jan 2. Still waiting for result. VA MSC told me that he haven’t received my exam results yet

almost same time got into MEB. Completed CP exams on Jan 2. Still waiting for result. VA MSC told me that he haven’t received my exam results yet
Verify if all the DBQ’s were upload into your TRICARE Portal. The VA may be waiting for further information or is scheduling you for more appointments.

Verify if all the DBQ’s were upload into your TRICARE Portal. The VA may be waiting for further information or is scheduling you for more appointments.
The DBQs have been uploaded. But the VA MSC said he haven’t received anything yet.
Does anyone can inform what the process may look like?
Appreciate any input

If you're seeing them in TOL, call 800-827-1000 and ask the VA claims rep. Same thing happened to me and I called and they saw my DBQs and I called my msc and it was sorted

The DBQs have been uploaded. But the VA MSC said he haven’t received anything yet.
Does anyone can inform what the process may look like?
Appreciate any input
My DBQs were uploaded to TOL 10 Dec, my information didn't make it to the PEBLO til after the New Year. Every base seems to be different in their ability to handle their case load, here at Scott there is one MSC handling all the cases and she is hard to get in touch with. My PEBLO has been less than helpful and has only actively reached out to me about anything when something is actually happening, it takes a week or more to get a response whenever I have any questions.

My DBQs were uploaded to TOL 10 Dec, my information didn't make it to the PEBLO til after the New Year. Every base seems to be different in their ability to handle their case load, here at Scott there is one MSC handling all the cases and she is hard to get in touch with. My PEBLO has been less than helpful and has only actively reached out to me about anything when something is actually happening, it takes a week or more to get a response whenever I have any questions.
Unfortunately my PEBLO has been exactly the same. I have to email several times or call just to get things done months after they should have been done.