AD USMC CAMP LEJEUNE (OIDES) TIMELINE

From my PEBLO. PEB approved 5 July for reference.
View attachment 7102
Keep in mind that PEBLO's are talking out of their asses 100% of the time. He has no idea when it's going to be approved. That being said, the holidays aren't going to help the backlog. Hopefully you and POG can get your findings snuck in before Christmas stand-down, but it sounds like there's a 3-4 week wait from receiving unfit findings to receiving retirement orders. I was told to expect a retirement date around end of January.

If I can at least get the findings, I can peacefully wait for my EAS.
For real. After she sent me that email I sent a letter to my district's congressman.

We should probably add the financial impact on the military in these letters too.

5000 service members, around say an average of $5,500 in pay and benefits each month (could be higher or lower), you don’t want to see the final number. And that’s spent Monthly on service members who likely can’t perform their full duties.

We should probably add the financial impact on the military in these letters too.

5000 service members, around say an average of $5,500 in pay and benefits each month (could be higher or lower), you don’t want to see the final number. And that’s spent Monthly on service members who likely can’t perform their full duties.
This was exactly what I hit on the last time I talked with my CO about it and him telling me "it's a money thing and they won't hire more people." I make roughly $4,500 a month and got told if I stayed with the IDES it would be 12 to 18 months before my process was done as it took the Doc 4 months alone to just do my "re-referral" from being overseas and coming back to the states. $4,500 X 15 (just to average) = $67,500. You add in the at least 10 other people who got here around the same time as me (just for averages sake we'll say the $67,500 is average) so then 10 x $67,500 = $675,000. I then told the CO so it makes more sense to pay us almost 3/4 of a million dollars to extend our process in which most of us don't work that much or do very little vice cutting that time frame down to the 6 months it's supposed to be at $270,000 and then use the left over $405,000 to hire two or three more docs so this process actual is done on time and not costing more over all. The CO just looked at me and told me to get out of his office lol. Sorry I like finances and could be way more detailed if I still had access to most of my systems, but their thinking and reasoning is absolutely insane........... it blows my mind. Or at least come up with a better excuse than "it's a money thing" that doesn't add up no matter how you look at it. Plus last but not least I'd say about 75% of the Marines alone going through the IDES are not trying to be found fit and are ready to end their military career so with that in mind you're just speeding up the process vice trying to make someone like me extend for the 2nd time and my stuff hasn't even been started.

This was exactly what I hit on the last time I talked with my CO about it and him telling me "it's a money thing and they won't hire more people." I make roughly $4,500 a month and got told if I stayed with the IDES it would be 12 to 18 months before my process was done as it took the Doc 4 months alone to just do my "re-referral" from being overseas and coming back to the states. $4,500 X 15 (just to average) = $67,500. You add in the at least 10 other people who got here around the same time as me (just for averages sake we'll say the $67,500 is average) so then 10 x $67,500 = $675,000. I then told the CO so it makes more sense to pay us almost 3/4 of a million dollars to extend our process in which most of us don't work that much or do very little vice cutting that time frame down to the 6 months it's supposed to be at $270,000 and then use the left over $405,000 to hire two or three more docs so this process actual is done on time and not costing more over all. The CO just looked at me and told me to get out of his office lol. Sorry I like finances and could be way more detailed if I still had access to most of my systems, but their thinking and reasoning is absolutely insane........... it blows my mind. Or at least come up with a better excuse than "it's a money thing" that doesn't add up no matter how you look at it. Plus last but not least I'd say about 75% of the Marines alone going through the IDES are not trying to be found fit and are ready to end their military career so with that in mind you're just speeding up the process vice trying to make someone like me extend for the 2nd time and my stuff hasn't even been started.
Exactly, and extend that number to include the whole navy and marine corps and they are throwing tens of millions of dollars down the drain due to their incompetence.

Exactly, and extend that number to include the whole navy and marine corps and they are throwing tens of millions of dollars down the drain due to their incompetence.
Yep, that's what I was telling the CO that he can't say he's contacted all the higher chain up to the PEB to get an understanding of it and they all said it's a money thing. I've dealt with Marine Corps finances for the last 10 years and this is by far the worst I've seen it if they're trying to blame the budget for it.

Just saw on the FB group a marine with a 21 June case came back on 19 Nov!! And there as another June 24 case right before thanksgiving.

Just saw on the FB group a marine with a 21 June case came back on 19 Nov!! And there as another June 24 case right before thanksgiving.
Ill be honest, most people have a terrible understanding of what most abbreviations mean, but hopefully its true. I havent seen anything, but to be fair I stopped looking just to keep my last bit of sanity.

Or I'll ask, was your case sent to the PEB in July? Then I get people "mine was sent June so and so" "June 32nd here" "may 1775 here". Reading comprehension is seriously a big issue with people. If I ask for xyz, please only reply about xyz. I don't give a flying damn about abc. I get everyone wants to have their voice heard but when everyone tries, it kind of becomes a jumbled mess.
Exactly.

203 days: Package to PEB 27 July
193 days: Accepted by PEB 06 Aug
171 days: With MO since 28 Aug

Told today (14 Feb) that my case has moved to line officer. Head PEBLO says it shouldn't be long now.

Told today (14 Feb) that my case has moved to line officer. Head PEBLO says it shouldn't be long now.
Hell yeah, bro, at least one of us is moving along.

Is the Line Officer the same as the Presiding Officer?

Is the Line Officer the same as the Presiding Officer?
Line officer comes after the Med officer. if the MO and LO agree on you findings then your case is conferred with the VA ratings and then you get your findings. if the MO and LO disagree on your findings then it goes to the Presiding officer to break the tie.

Take it with a grain of salt. I have the same timeline as you and was told as of 3 weeks ago that I had been at the Line officer 20 days. Still no update. Not trying to burst bubbles but it could still be some waiting. I hope you get lucky!

Line officer comes after the Med officer. if the MO and LO agree on you findings then your case is conferred with the VA ratings and then you get your findings. if the MO and LO disagree on your findings then it goes to the Presiding officer to break the tie.
I have read differently in a few other threads about the presiding officer. You can straight to the PO instead of the LO from what I have read. My case never even went to the LO. It went straight to the PO from the MO

I have read differently in a few other threads about the presiding officer. You can straight to the PO instead of the LO from what I have read. My case never even went to the LO. It went straight to the PO from the MO

the PEB....
1644929437346.png

Referral: 26JUL21
Finished QTC APPTs: Late SEP21
Sent to DC: 05OCT21
Accepted by PEB: 12OCT21
VA proposed ratings: 12DEC21
Unfit Ruling: 07FEB21

DES Legal Office says I should have my official findings by the end of February.