Adding referred conditions

I was referred to meb by ebh a few months back and my exams are scheduled for the upcoming weeks. I also claimed migraines when I spoke with the VA lady via our phone call/meeting.
I’ve seen a neurologist for six months now and receive Botox and a daily and zolmitriptan as an abortive for the migraines. They have significantly decreased with the Botox treatment and I now only have one on average every eight to ten days. My migraine diary goes back a year and a half when I first sought treatment and felt insulted that they insinuated that since it was a Monday, I was hungover from the weekend.
My question is: to get a referred condition, do I just need to contact my neurologist and request he fill out the dbq form? And at what point is it necessary that I do this?
Since my “general physical” appointment has a section marked “headaches” is the dbq necessary since the VA is already tracking it?
What’s the purpose of “referred”?
Thank you all in advance.

If you claim migraines, the C&P examiner evaluate migraines for compensation. You may want to ensure that your neurologist are uploaded to your VA claim.

Thank you, Sir. I did claim migraines and I’ll make sure I get my neurologists notes before I go to my general physical coming up. Do you think I need to ask him to fill out the dbq form or ask him for a letter saying it needs to be a referred condition?

During the MEB process your will be sent to a VA examiner who will complete the DBQ.