Adding referred conditions

Bcan1987

Registered Member
I was referred to meb by ebh a few months back and my exams are scheduled for the upcoming weeks. I also claimed migraines when I spoke with the VA lady via our phone call/meeting.
I’ve seen a neurologist for six months now and receive Botox and a daily and zolmitriptan as an abortive for the migraines. They have significantly decreased with the Botox treatment and I now only have one on average every eight to ten days. My migraine diary goes back a year and a half when I first sought treatment and felt insulted that they insinuated that since it was a Monday, I was hungover from the weekend.
My question is: to get a referred condition, do I just need to contact my neurologist and request he fill out the dbq form? And at what point is it necessary that I do this?
Since my “general physical” appointment has a section marked “headaches” is the dbq necessary since the VA is already tracking it?
What’s the purpose of “referred”?
Thank you all in advance.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
If you claim migraines, the C&P examiner evaluate migraines for compensation. You may want to ensure that your neurologist are uploaded to your VA claim.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
During the MEB process your will be sent to a VA examiner who will complete the DBQ.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">