Adjustment Disorder Discharge w/ depressed mood anxiety

sunshine_amber

Registered Member
Hi everyone 1st post I've been in 5 and a half years and for the last 2 years i have been seeking mental health care. My first doc explained to me that he thought my adjustment disorder was bullshit and that he said I have stockholm syndrome (bad divorce, my ex tried to kill me, made threats and violated P.O's[total of 7] and the command did nothing and was even called by 5 different PD's for welfare checks on me), however it was never documented in my record. I have had an adjustment disorder in my record for that 2 year period.

After my last trip to NMCP out patient therapy CSP they said they recommended unfit for continued naval service but not a recommendation for immediate separation. My command (my CO) sent it off the ship with the ship psych (who denied me a referral for the last year). After fighting to finally get that referral I finally got it. Now I am seeing a new doc. Every physician I see (outside the Navy) says I should've been medicated and that them withholding me from preferred care is unjust. I just didn't feel comfortable with the ship psych because I just couldn't get along w/ her or her staff. I am lost at the moment don't understand much of what is happening they are saying they are ADSEP-ing me and I have seen nothing come through my contract is up Oct 2 2018 paperwork was sent out May 25, 2018. I have 60+ days of leave on the book and the COC is treating me like I did something wrong and tried to deny me my leave. My CMC is now involved because I do not trust my HOD, Dept Master Chief, DIVO, Chief( is doing as much as he can but divo stops everything), LPO ( doesn't know anything he can give me). Any timelines, advice, how do i prepare myself, what can i do in the meantime? any help would be wonderful!!!! TIA

euphonix

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi everyone 1st post I've been in 5 and a half years and for the last 2 years i have been seeking mental health care. My first doc explained to me that he thought my adjustment disorder was bullshit and that he said I have stockholm syndrome (bad divorce, my ex tried to kill me, made threats and violated P.O's[total of 7] and the command did nothing and was even called by 5 different PD's for welfare checks on me), however it was never documented in my record. I have had an adjustment disorder in my record for that 2 year period.

After my last trip to NMCP out patient therapy CSP they said they recommended unfit for continued naval service but not a recommendation for immediate separation. My command (my CO) sent it off the ship with the ship psych (who denied me a referral for the last year). After fighting to finally get that referral I finally got it. Now I am seeing a new doc. Every physician I see (outside the Navy) says I should've been medicated and that them withholding me from preferred care is unjust. I just didn't feel comfortable with the ship psych because I just couldn't get along w/ her or her staff. I am lost at the moment don't understand much of what is happening they are saying they are ADSEP-ing me and I have seen nothing come through my contract is up Oct 2 2018 paperwork was sent out May 25, 2018. I have 60+ days of leave on the book and the COC is treating me like I did something wrong and tried to deny me my leave. My CMC is now involved because I do not trust my HOD, Dept Master Chief, DIVO, Chief( is doing as much as he can but divo stops everything), LPO ( doesn't know anything he can give me). Any timelines, advice, how do i prepare myself, what can i do in the meantime? any help would be wonderful!!!! TIA
If you have had a documented adjustment disorder for two years its chronic and its subject to a MEB board and not an admin separation. I would fight like hell to make sure they don’t put you out administratively.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">