Adjustment disorder nonsense

AnonServiceman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am in the Navy having a bit of a problem and need some advice. I went on deployment, and we saw combat. I have a combat action ribbon. But some other things also occurred that have left me quie scarred.

The Navy Psychiatrist says I have an adjustment disorder, actually more than one has said that. But I have a civilian licensed clinical psychologist that says I have PTSD. It makes me feel very hurt for the Navy to say I have an adjustment disorder because I don't have a problem adjusting to navy life, I have a problem with what happened on the ship.

What am I to do? How can I get the Navy to see this?

Thanks!

See a different on base provider. Ask to speak to their OIC. Lay out the argument. Ensure that they have the documentation from the offbase provider... (I usually handcarry records between off/on base.)

I don't know if it helps, but I had something similar. I had a chronic illness that slowed me down, but was undiagnosed. This caused me to become quite distraught since I had no idea why. I went to see the on base mental health and they called it adjustment disorder (I think it is just the go to.). A few years later it was discovered that I was slowing down due to undiagnosed RA. So med board and chronic illness caused me to go back to mental health (different base) and they ended up calling it chronic depression since it had been two years and then they said it was severely exasperated by the many life changes.

Good luck.