Admin Discharge due to adjustment disorder and anxiety, why not medical?

adrianvoid

Registered Member
So I'm an E3 currently stuck in tech school due to a seizure back in February that pulled me out of Fuels training. I've been here at Sheppard close to a year now and I was notified about two weeks ago by my First Sergeant that I'll be getting a Administrative Discharge due to adjustment disorder with anxiety. I've also been suffering from panic attacks, I have tendinitis and Patellar Subluxation Syndrome hat resulted from basic training that had yet to cured thanks to a lazy Physical Therapist. Then there's the constant ringing in my ears since Basic, sleeping issues, and nightmares. I've been talking to people who have gotten medical discharges for major issues and things not related to my case. But what I want to know is if there's a way I can pull a medical discharge out of this with benefits since all of these medical and mental issues didn't start till I joined the Air Force. My therapist in base is telling me these issues are due to things prior military service but I never had any of these types of issues before I joined. So if any of you ladies and gentlemen could me figure out what to do and how to get some benefits out of this mess I'd highly appreciate it!

So I'm an E3 currently stuck in tech school due to a seizure back in February that pulled me out of Fuels training. I've been here at Sheppard close to a year now and I was notified about two weeks ago by my First Sergeant that I'll be getting a Administrative Discharge due to adjustment disorder with anxiety. I've also been suffering from panic attacks, I have tendinitis and Patellar Subluxation Syndrome hat resulted from basic training that had yet to cured thanks to a lazy Physical Therapist. Then there's the constant ringing in my ears since Basic, sleeping issues, and nightmares. I've been talking to people who have gotten medical discharges for major issues and things not related to my case. But what I want to know is if there's a way I can pull a medical discharge out of this with benefits since all of these medical and mental issues didn't start till I joined the Air Force. My therapist in base is telling me these issues are due to things prior military service but I never had any of these types of issues before I joined. So if any of you ladies and gentlemen could me figure out what to do and how to get some benefits out of this mess I'd highly appreciate it!
Talk to your patient advocate at the clinic. They may be able to get you some answers.

If you have had the symptoms (Adjustment Disorder) for greater than 6 months, it is considered chronic and you should be submitted to a MEB.

If you have had the symptoms (Adjustment Disorder) for greater than 6 months, it is considered chronic and you should be submitted to a MEB.
I've had it since January and since there's been a change in AFI. They're restarting everyones paperwork for discharges. But if what you're saying is try then who can I speak to on base to have this sorted out because everyone I talk to tells me there's nothing I can do.

Also with my knee issues, do you know if there's anything that can be done about it? I have pain in my knees every day still since Basic and my knees aren't getting better. It's at the point that my knee caps are being pulled so tight that the tendons beneath them are being stretched and it hurts to walk at times.

100% this. This is what I was just boarded for.