Greetings all,

I’m being recommended for a 2nd Limdu for MDD. I’ve been on a list of medications, have not missed an appointment and do everything as required. My psychiatrist changed my diagnosis to adjustment disorder a couple months ago and it seems my therapist and psychiatrist are in disagreement with updating my diagnosis, it’ll go from adjustment disorder back to MDD after time i visit either one of them.

Last visit to one of my doctors, overheard that an admin sep was floated as an idea for me.

Even with adjustment disorder, after 6 months it would be considered chronic and therefore rateable, and i would have to be boarded. But if i was diagnosed with MDD, would CoG admin sep (if that’s what I’m reading correctly) apply? I read that in 2016 Ray Maybus signed that order that mental health diagnosis leads to a med board before administrative action.

I have no punitive history or any pending.

If you are referred and found fit then they can move on with the admin sep I haven't read the official policy but it is mostly there to protect Sailors from misconduct with a confirmed diagnosis. The admin sep is always a favorite tool to screw service members because they give you an honorable discharge and you typically keep all your VA benefits. How long have you been in?

I’ve been in over 3 years. From reading on here I’ve found that an admin sep isn’t a great thing and neither is the adjustment disorder diagnosis benefits wise. It’s a little disheartening to see im possibly going down that path but I’m no fortune teller.

I was given advice to talk to my peblo but i haven’t hit the board stage yet to meet the person. Just looking for guidance or advice on who to seek out that i can talk to about this, safely, since i don’t want to raise any red flags for being too involved in my own care. Just want to make sure I’m covered for all my issues when i do eas