AF Final Pay Timeline

magoo853

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What has been the average time after you separated that your final check was received? Finance told me I would get it in 3-5 business days and DFAS told me it would take 45 days. Pretty big difference...

45 days is more like it. You can see my timeline in my signature.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't 45 days, but I was forewarned that it would be up to 45 days from my finance office and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived earlier.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't 45 days, but I was forewarned that it would be up to 45 days from my finance office and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived earlier.
Yea I am figuring 45 days. I did call my local finance office today again just to confirm (with another person) on the timeline and to make sure they were seeing how much money was being paid out for my final check. The new person told me the same time frame as the last person there, which was 5 days. DFAS told me that it depends on each local finance office when it comes to the time frame so who knows. It was funny though because the lady at DFAS told me to keep calling my local finance office to bug them (like once a day) in order to make sure my stuff wasnt sitting on someones desk.

15 days to get my final pay, it was direct deposit not a paper check like I was told by finance.

Yeah I ended up getting mine in 4 days. Weird how it differs so much.