Af form 469 MEB started

SERE0002

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
My profile was updated today and on my af form 469, it now states that I am being meb'd vs the box being checked saying I will be tree in 31-365 days. I didn't notice it until I was back at my office. Does this officially mean they have started the MEB process, and if so will my PCM be contacting me for further evaluations, or do I need to do something on my part? You can see previous threads I have posted about my condition here in the spine and back forum. Just curious as to what happens next, thanks again for everyones help, and yes I have read the regs but clarification would be great!

SERE0002,

Did the physician who updated your profile tell you that you would be doing an MEB? If an MEB has in fact been initiated for you, a PEBLO and/or nurse case manager should be contacting you shortly.

Nobody informed me of it, I believe it was my nurse who has been doing all the paper work for my Dr. was the one who updated it. It has only been one day since then, so I am guessing if it is in fact started someone will contact me. If I don't hear anything, i will assume it was not meant to be i guess. How do I find out who the PEBLO is on my base? is it someone in the hospital or at the legal office?

Anybody else care to weigh in on this?>

THanks again for the answers

SERE0002,

There is most likely more than one PEBLO on your installation. What installation are you on (PEBLO's should be located within patient affairs... that might be at the hospital or in a separate office)? If you don't hear from anyone soon, I would ask the nurse or doctor handling your case if a MEB has been initiated for you.

Just got my signed copy of my 469, and not the "working copy" and all the MEB stuff was not on there...weird I guess being my nurse typed it and gave it to me when I was sitting right next to her in her office. Not sure how that got removed, but at least that buys me some time. On another note, I go see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow for a carpal tunnel consult. I had a EMG and it said SEVERE CARPAL TUNEL with denervation likely present. as well my neurosurgeon ordered a MRI of my shoulder to see if that has anything to do with my nerve pain at and near my neck.

They probably did not click the code 49 because you have not been officially diagnosed by the Neurosurgeaon and a surgical recommendation needs to be made first. And then they have to give you con leave time and see if you get better or worse before they put in the MEB package. If no surgery yet, they will put it in quicker. If surgery and you get better, you might not get a MEB...

I have already had surgery back on December 15th, now just horrible complications, I live everyday in extreme pain in my back. So would they give me con-leave again to see if I get better or just the con-leave from after the surgrey.