AFI for determining if someone is qualified to be in Security Forces

Zinthos

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Greetings,

I have heard as of late about their being an AFI for determining if someone is qualified to be in Security Forces. I was trying to look for the specific AFI so that I can see whether or not I would possibly be able to get a permanent retirement. I am currently getting MEBed for Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Lumbar Radiculopathy.

It's the Air Force Enlisted Classification Directory (AFECD) that lists the specific standards for every AFSC. This is combined with the Medical Standards Directory for standards of continued duty, which is more applicable to your situation. It is unlikely you will find the information you want via the MSD or AFECD. You should continue with your MEB processing--AFPC/DPANM will need to determine your retention first.

It's the Air Force Enlisted Classification Directory (AFECD) that lists the specific standards for every AFSC. This is combined with the Medical Standards Directory for standards of continued duty, which is more applicable to your situation. It is unlikely you will find the information you want via the MSD or AFECD. You should continue with your MEB processing--AFPC/DPANM will need to determine your retention first.

Hello deaddebate,

Thank you for the reply. I plan on continuing the MEB process. I just wanted to gather the necessary information in case if I have to go to a formal board. I am pretty sure that AFPC/DPANM will give me the boot since both the PCM NARSUM and the CC letter both recommend giving me the boot.

Zinthos

Vast majority of times, the information you are looking for does not help. It would be unusual that you find something that is helpful or trumps things like your commander's input, your AF Form 469, your NARSUM, or other letters. I think it is a mistake to focus on AFECD.

If that is the case, then my search would be unnecessary since both NARSUM and CC letter both recommend the boot. I will just have to wait things out and see how it plays out for the type of retirement I would get, which I do not mind doing. Thank you for the reply.