AFI36-2905 Chapter 9, page 35, 1 July 2010 Adminstration Actions while on MEB status

crome45

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
"This information is for all of those Airmen in the ANG and Air Force active duty groups. Be aware of this because it happen to me. Please become very familiar and continue to education yourself with all AFI and other policies while you are on any MEB (Medical Evaluation Board). This information is straight out of the AFI36-2905 dated 1 July 2010 page 35, section 9.1. " Adverse personnel actions for unsatisfactory fitness members. Members are expected to be in compliance with Air Force fitness standards at all times. When members fail to comply with those standards (recieve an Unsatisfactory FA score), they render themselves potentially subject to adverse action. Commanders should consult with their servicing Staff Judge Advocate before taking such action."
"9.1.1. Prohibited Actions:"

"9.1.1.1. Commanders may not impose nonjudical punishment (Article 15, UCMJ) soley for failing to achieve a Satisfactory fitness score."

"9.1.1.2. Upon receipt of a Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) permanent exemption, a member is not subject to adverse personnel action for inability to take the FA."

Yes, this has occurred to me as of February 20, 2013. My commanding officer recommended that I be demoted because I wasn't successful on my fitness assessment. The demotion was approved through my wing level and I was order reduced in rank. As professionals who create and authorize these written AFI and other polices, members of the ANG and management and leadership fail to read, review, research and or inquire about these specific instructions regarding members who are on a MEB status. As Airmen we are expected to know our jobs, use technical work reference and follow written policies to a "T" but leadership and commanders either ignore, don't read and educate themself on AFI's such as these that are directed to those Airmen who on a MEB status. Yes, I have sought assistance at a much higher levels on this topic. I put it all on paper. I wanted to ensure that I am assisting and informing other Airmen on this topic. You have individuals who only talk about following polices and regs but fail to follow the same policies. I totally for fitness and as prior service U.S. MARINE, it get and buy into the entire program. But being on a medical profile and MEB, you can't even take a fitness test because of the exemptions that you can't and are not permitted to perform especially with a Cardic diagnosis. I have been on MEB for almost 1 year. Go figure...

Source: AFI36-2905 1 July 2010, Chapter 9, page 35. Yes, this is the fitness program and it can also be found in other related source material.​

crome45

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I sure will and than some...congressman and other officials. I.E. IG compliant on the hook.

Crome
Semper Fi

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">