AFPC MEB Deadline might be busted

Russ35057

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good morning,

Due to the slowness of availability of the VA C&P exams in my case and area I think my deadline of my PEBLO getting my package to AFPC might get busted (14 Jan 2020). Process started in October.... anyone been in a scenario where this has happened? I hope it's not a well we need to start over.... my final current ETS is 25 April and I honestly cant even handle returning to my unit anymore (Air Guardsman - Read previous posts for BLUF on my situation). I'm already rated by the VA and getting benefits for the 3 referred conditions.... please help...

I'm still alive. Have my Gen Med on wed 9 Jan 20. and the Med Board is due to AFPC on 14 Jan.... this is going to come down to the wire....

Good morning,

Due to the slowness of availability of the VA C&P exams in my case and area I think my deadline of my PEBLO getting my package to AFPC might get busted (14 Jan 2020). Process started in October.... anyone been in a scenario where this has happened? I hope it's not a well we need to start over.... my final current ETS is 25 April and I honestly cant even handle returning to my unit anymore (Air Guardsman - Read previous posts for BLUF on my situation). I'm already rated by the VA and getting benefits for the 3 referred conditions.... please help...

All of my exams, etc were due to the IPEB in AUGUST. Here I am STILL waiting...

You should be asked if you want to separate or be put on med hold (if enlisted). Officers have to stay in until the completion of their MEB, regardless.

well I got it done. I don't know how fast the turn around is from the exam to VA and PEBLO to AFPC....

anyone have a rough gestimate between once AFPC gets the case to closure and DOD ratings? PEBLO should be submitting the package between now and Tuesday.

Crap shoot on that timeline. I have seen people get their ratings back in two weeks. Mine took about 9 weeks. Below is a rough play by play of where you are now:

- AFPC rubber stamps your package because to get to them, it has went through multiple checks and balances
- AFPC sends it to the IPEB
- IPEB will read your case just to make sure it makes sense, stamp it unfit then send it to the VA DRAS division in Providence RI
- DRAS unit adds it to the pile
- Billy, who works at DRAS, accidentally deletes your file
- Billy feels really bad about this but doesn't want to get fired so he doesn't say crap
- 5 weeks later, your PEBLO is tired of hearing from you and actually decides to do their job and find out what is going on
- Mistake is found and corrected
- Billy receives your file again and makes sure that he doesn't mess up this time
- Billy tries to help you out and gives you favorable ratings on the "interpretation stuff"
- Billy pushes up to the Decision Review Officer (DRO) who thinks Billy is a tool bag
- DRO tells Billy to flog himself and redo the entire thing
- Billy wants to kill the DRO but decides that you are not worth going to jail for and gives you the bare minimum ratings to appease his asshole DRO boss
- DRO finishes his prayer to Satan and approves your shit ratings
- IPEB receives your ratings and gives two shits about actually measuring what the VA DRAS ratings that were given against what you should have got
- PEBLO receives your ratings back on a Friday morning but really doesn't like you and doesn't want to end his week dealing with you
- Monday, your PEBLO calls you to tell you the Air Force wanted to give you the shaft one last time to let you know how much they love you.

Obviously satire...but I hope yours goes better than how I pictured mine.

@Guardguy11

- DRO finishes his prayer to Satan and approves your shit ratings

Oh Shit - I'm screwed I thought my commander was Satan.. and the DRO prays to her? I'll get a 0 DOD.... LOL

This is encouraging....

Attachments

• getting closer.....JPG
    getting closer.....JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 20