AFPC Timeline Guidance

A.Shoe

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello just one quick question,

Does anyone know or have guidance on how long AFPC has to determine you fit/unfit after the package has been submitted? I'm on day 16 of waiting for a response and haven't received anything back yet. Thank you!

Well, they have had mine almost 4 months now, if that helps.
My board started on 3 Jan 2018. They received my package on 2 July.

Hello just one quick question,

Does anyone know or have guidance on how long AFPC has to determine you fit/unfit after the package has been submitted? I'm on day 16 of waiting for a response and haven't received anything back yet. Thank you!

My PEBLO told me once it leaves the base and gets to the PEB they’ve been seeing a 20ish day turn around. I dont know if the timeline is based off the AFI which governs MEBs

My PEBLO told me once it leaves the base and gets to the PEB they’ve been seeing a 20ish day turn around. I dont know if the timeline is based off the AFI which governs MEBs
A 20 day turn around for fit/unfit or for ratings to come back?

I'm in the MEB office on Lackland multiple times a week. (Have been since January). Have not seen or heard of a single case come backeven close to that time frame

A 20 day turn around for fit/unfit or for ratings to come back?

Yeah she said the last few varied but none took longer than 20 days and waiting for the Va ratings are what took the longest. Not sure if thats out of the norm or not. Ive also seen some people on here with the same turn around as well for fir or unfit

I'm in the MEB office on Lackland multiple times a week. (Have been since January). Have not seen or heard of a single case come backeven close to that time frame

Just stating what I was told and have seen it vary case by case from looking at these forums and the FB group.

Just stating what I was told and have seen it vary case by case from looking at these forums and the FB group.

Understood, as am I. This is my third MEB here at Lackland, and I have seen nothing but bad information come out of every office here (MEB, PEBLO, AFPC, Finance, etc). I just don't want folks to get their hopes up based off what they are told by the MEB office.

Understood, as am I. This is my third MEB here at Lackland, and I have seen nothing but bad information come out of every office here (MEB, PEBLO, AFPC, Finance, etc). I just don't want folks to get their hopes up based off what they are told by the MEB office.

Oh most definitely. My current PEBLO has had to defer me to the old one for most of my information. She literally just took over recently and admitted she is still learning. I have slowly stopped worrying about the timeline and being concerned with ensuring I am ready jn the event it is quick or drags out. Thats the best advice I can give.

She? Do you mind saying her name? Jenelle is mine (and has been for all 3)

She? Do you mind saying her name? Jenelle is mine (and has been for all 3)

I rather not, sorry. I just don’t think it would be appropriate.

I mean I'm just wondering when I will know if I was found fit or unfit. I've been through all of the QTC appointments and the MEB phase has been finished. I am in the IPEB phase now and the package was sent to AFPC on 4 October. I haven't been notified if AFPC has requested ratings from the VA yet or anything and my PEBLO hasn't been very transparent with the process.

I mean I'm just wondering when I will know if I was found fit or unfit. I've been through all of the QTC appointments and the MEB phase has been finished. I am in the IPEB phase now and the package was sent to AFPC on 4 October. I haven't been notified if AFPC has requested ratings from the VA yet or anything and my PEBLO hasn't been very transparent with the process.
Have you reached out to your peblo? I was found unfit 24 September and at that point my package was at the VA for ratings. I did not receive a notification , but I had to reach out to my peblo to check the status.

Talked to my PEBLO and she said that AFPC requested ratings the same day she sent it up. Hopefully I'll here something back soon and get this process over with.

Talked to my PEBLO and she said that AFPC requested ratings the same day she sent it up. Hopefully I'll here something back soon and get this process over with.

If they requested ratings I believe that is an indication that you were found unfit.

Spoke to my PEBLO and double checked for you. Was told this is the most recent timeline for the process. Also said that once it is sent up to the PEB for fit or unfit if they request VA ratings, you were found unfit. Also double checked with others and the 11-20 day timeline is what most people are seeing and then the long wait for ratings and what not. Lastlaugh is right though, maybe sit down with your PEBLO and have them explain the process to you.
900FE191-1995-416E-8AC9-4CD3AB86C729.jpeg.jpg

Spoke to my PEBLO and double checked for you. Was told this is the most recent timeline for the process. Also said that once it is sent up to the PEB for fit or unfit if they request VA ratings, you were found unfit. Also double checked with others and the 11-20 day timeline is what most people are seeing and then the long wait for ratings and what not. Lastlaugh is right though, maybe sit down with your PEBLO and have them explain the process to you.
View attachment 3343
Thank you for the information!