After 199 signed

anon12345

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yup! Bingo—feel free to call your installation Finance Office also...they’ll be able to review you LES and advise you on appropriate way to complete your DA-31 for PTDY & Terminal Leave. Congrats!

MilitaryBlake

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
NOTHING! I called transition office and let them know I signed the 17th and it’s been almost 3 weeks and they said “oh that’s nothing” and that it’s even slower because they are running skeleton crew. ugh. We are just left to practicing patience I guess. She said I could call everyday to check but that they check every morning and would let me know as soon as they know.
I see you sent this first message today at around 0800. Then just a little while later you responded you have final out date and everything. That went fast! How did you get it to go so fast? Don't you have to meet with Commander, sign and check DD214, etc.?

MilitaryBlake

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Unfortunately I’m still waiting to receive the Extension Packet documents back with O-6 signature...so I haven’t submitted it to my PEBLO yet. Just taking a few days for the DA31 & DA4187 to be staffed.
Any word yet if your extension packet was approved or not?

JoePlasm

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
When calculating the leave days do we account for the 2.5 we get for each month we are on terminal leave? If I am on leave through 4 August starting today I would request for 2.5 for May, June and July yes? Adding 7.5 to my accrued days as of the end of April.
Yes

JoePlasm

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
No idea, but I imagine the pay period following you selling, and since you'll likely need to do that during your out-processing, maybe 1 to 2 pay periods (15-30 days)? That's a guess though. I honestly can't imagine it not being rectified before terminal leave is over, its not like MEB separation are the only ones where people sell leave back, I don't think DoD wants to be paying ETS, Chapters, and other 1 time extra pay checks some point after pay as stopped.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Re:
Marshenator said:
When calculating the leave days do we account for the 2.5 we get for each month we are on terminal leave? If I am on leave through 4 August starting today I would request for 2.5 for May, June and July yes? Adding 7.5 to my accrued days as of the end of April.

-----

From memory...30 years ago:

1-6 days service= 0.5 days accrual
7-12 days = 1.0 day accrual
13-18 days = 1.5 days accrual
19-24 days = 2.0 days accrual
25-30 days = 2.5 days accrual

You would accrue 0.5 days of leave for 1-4 August. Also, as Joe said, one accrues leave while on leave...except during periods of excess leave.

Ron

anon12345

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Any word yet if your extension packet was approved or not?
Update: My Retirement Date Extension Packet was approved/signed by the first O-6 in my CoC on Friday. I immediately sent the packet to my PEBLO who forwarded it same-day to USAPDA Special Actions. The extension was approved/stamped/signed and sent back this morning. I sent it to my local MPD/Transition Center right away and—minutes ago—received orders & a working copy of My DD214 in my email.

Ultimately, I was able to follow the procedures in place to push my retirement date ~27 days beyond the ‘NLT 90 Days’ date that I was issued. This was done in order to ensure that I would be able to use my 80+ days of accrued leave, rather than being forced to sell back a significant portion of those days.

MilitaryBlake

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Update: My Retirement Date Extension Packet was approved/signed by the first O-6 in my CoC on Friday. I immediately sent the packet to my PEBLO who forwarded it same-day to USAPDA Special Actions. The extension was approved/stamped/signed and sent back this morning. I sent it to my local MPD/Transition Center right away and—minutes ago—received orders & a working copy of My DD214 in my email.

Ultimately, I was able to follow the procedures in place to push my retirement date ~27 days beyond the ‘NLT 90 Days’ date that I was issued. This was done in order to ensure that I would be able to use my 80+ days of accrued leave, rather than being forced to sell back a significant portion of those days.
Thxs for the update. That took what - approx two weeks? During that time were you able to at least start taking care of some out-processing stuff? With perhaps your old NLT date? I am in the process right now... needing to request for approx. 32 days. Commander just signed it, now I need O-6 to sign. But, if it takes two weeks, then again, I will not have burnt all leave. I will have sell back some, just not a ton. So, I guess not a huge deal if it takes a few weeks to get the extension approved...

anon12345

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thxs for the update. That took what - approx two weeks? During that time were you able to at least start taking care of some out-processing stuff? With perhaps your old NLT date? I am in the process right now... needing to request for approx. 32 days. Commander just signed it, now I need O-6 to sign. But, if it takes two weeks, then again, I will not have burnt all leave. I will have sell back some, just not a ton. So, I guess not a huge deal if it takes a few weeks to get the extension approved...
Right, even though it’s frustrating it’s just more time on the Army payroll without burning leave days. Fingers crossed for you. Yes, it took 13 days...and then it took about two hours once it reached USAPDA to be approved and returned. And lastly, unfortunately I wasn’t able to knock out any out-processing tasks because my installation requires orders before unit & installation clearance papers are granted/issued. Hopefully you can get a head start on CIF clearing like I did using my Letter of Unfit from PEB. Technically, the installation clearance papers won’t be issued to you (via your S1) until 10 business days before your final out date...but maybe they’ll give you a jump start on all that.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">