After 199 signed

GM all -

Once 199 signed, to my understanding one's packet then needs to go back to big HRC to the PDA, for signatures. Once those signatures are obtained, then it comes back to instillation PEB and you are placed on TransPod (sp?), correct? If this is correct, is there a timeframe in terms of how long this typically takes?

TRANSPOC - Installation management software used for clearing people.

My HR told me a told me some times its a week and sometimes its 2-3 weeks (at HRC). Time it takes your post, depends on post.

I'm Bragg, so no idea =/

JBSA? Anyone in a similar boat?
I'm at JBSA and signed my 199 (DOD 30% VA 100% perm and total, PDR) 17 April. My PEBLO just told me I need to wait but no timeline. He says TRANSPOC processes the whole Army, not just IDES so I am clueless

Wow, we literally signed the exact same day. Okay, well thxs for the information. lemme know if you hear anything different and I will do the same.

I submitted my accepted & signed IPEB Disposition / DA199 on 17 APR to the PEB at JBSA. This morning I received my PDIR from my base’s Military Processing Division (MPD) with my Retirement Date / NLT 90 Days notice. I’m working through my S1 to obtain signatures from O-5 and O-6 in my CoC for a DA4187 Retirement Date Extension Request to USAPDA so I can take 20 days of PTDY and ALL 80+ days of leave I’ve accrued.

I submitted my accepted & signed IPEB Disposition / DA199 on 17 APR to the PEB at JBSA. This morning I received my PDIR from my base’s Military Processing Division (MPD) with my Retirement Date / NLT 90 Days notice. I’m working through my S1 to obtain signatures from O-5 and O-6 in my CoC for a DA4187 Retirement Date Extension Request to USAPDA so I can take 20 days of PTDY and ALL 80+ days of leave I’ve accrued.
Maybe MilitaryBlake and I will receiver ours today too. Fingers crossed. Does that 90 days include any of your leave days at least? I have 65 days of leave and wondering if i'll be able to take all of mine.

I am hearing that nearly all extensions are granted with COVID. That is coming from Transition personnel (though I don't want to give out names) and my Commander. So, i am hoping yours is granted. Keep us posted!

Maybe MilitaryBlake and I will receiver ours today too. Fingers crossed. Does that 90 days include any of your leave days at least? I have 65 days of leave and wondering if i'll be able to take all of mine.
yes, it does include all your leave. but you can extend if needed. See my quote above.... according to my resources they are extending nearly all of them.

Generally speaking, this NLT 90 Days notice is predicated on the following timeline: 10 days to clear unit & installation, 20 days of PTDY (or 30 days for OCONUS), and then _x_ of leave days accrued. If you don’t have enough days to reach the NLT 90 Days date, then then orders would be cut for an earlier date (whenever the terminal leave days would dry up). If you have accrued enough terminal leave days to carry you past the NLT 90 Days date, then either A) forced to sell back the remainder or B) request Retirement date extension through first O-6 in CoC to USAPDA (for Army). **I’ve read on the forum that these DA4187 retirement date extensions are rarely approved*

Generally speaking, this NLT 90 Days notice is predicated on the following timeline: 10 days to clear unit & installation, 20 days of PTDY (or 30 days for OCONUS), and then _x_ of leave days accrued. If you don’t have enough days to reach the NLT 90 Days date, then then orders would be cut for an earlier date (whenever the terminal leave days would dry up). If you have accrued enough terminal leave days to carry you past the NLT 90 Days date, then either A) forced to sell back the remainder or B) request Retirement date extension through first O-6 in CoC to USAPDA (for Army). **I’ve read on the forum that these DA4187 retirement date extensions are rarely approved*
Thank you so much for the info!

I'm at JBSA and signed my 199 (DOD 30% VA 100% perm and total, PDR) 17 April. My PEBLO just told me I need to wait but no timeline. He says TRANSPOC processes the whole Army, not just IDES so I am clueless
https://cms.mods.army.mil/cms/protected/report/soldierDashboard.aspx So I started MEB process 31 December and no one ever told me about this until I found it today on one of the forums. Not sure if you've checked yours or not. Looks like it gets updated at midnight on Mondays.

I can't speak for other installations but like I mentioned earlier I am being told with COVID, at least here in JBSA these are being approved 99% of the time.

Any update here? Did your request for an extension get approved?

Also, I was wrong. Previously I said that I signed on the 17th. I was wrong about the date. Looks like I did not sign until the 27th. So, I may have a week or so more before I show up on the TRANSPOC list.

I know you and I signed 199 almost the same time (you before I did).

Have you appeared on TRANSPOC list yet?

Unfortunately I’m still waiting to receive the Extension Packet documents back with O-6 signature...so I haven’t submitted it to my PEBLO yet. Just taking a few days for the DA31 & DA4187 to be staffed.

I know you and I signed 199 almost the same time (you before I did).

Have you appeared on TRANSPOC list yet?
NOTHING! I called transition office and let them know I signed the 17th and it’s been almost 3 weeks and they said “oh that’s nothing” and that it’s even slower because they are running skeleton crew. ugh. We are just left to practicing patience I guess. She said I could call everyday to check but that they check every morning and would let me know as soon as they know.

When calculating the leave days do we account for the 2.5 we get for each month we are on terminal leave? If I am on leave through 4 August starting today I would request for 2.5 for May, June and July yes? Adding 7.5 to my accrued days as of the end of April.