After 199 signed

GM all -

Once 199 signed, to my understanding one's packet then needs to go back to big HRC to the PDA, for signatures. Once those signatures are obtained, then it comes back to instillation PEB and you are placed on TransPod (sp?), correct? If this is correct, is there a timeframe in terms of how long this typically takes?

and if needed there is a SECDEF memo dated 16 April 2020 allowing us to carry 120 days instead of the 60 due to COVID

also in a
AR 635-40 4-8 states “the Soldier a. Will remain available for the DES process to complete any required actions. Leave, while permissible, is generally discouraged in the MEB phase with the exception of emergency situations . . .”
Do you know where I can find this SECDEF memo?

Good luck! I don’t know if I had mentioned this but I also have a congressional open about this.

Remember you don’t have “excess leave” you have “accrued leave” and are authorized to use or sell it. It’s your choice regardless if you were hoarding or not.

Again, TY very much. I will let you know what I find out today and likewise if there is anything I can do to help you out please let me know.

I went back and re-read stuff but am still not quite clear on the difference between accrued leave and excess leave.

I went back and re-read stuff but am still not quite clear on the difference between accrued leave and excess leave.

accrued leave is the leave you earned and see on your LES. Excess leave is for Soldiers who need leave and don’t have it. When Soldiers are in excess leave status they don’t earn leave days during that time. Kind of like free leave. Let’s say you had 4 days of earned/accrued leave and getting ready to transition, the command can put you excess status so you can transition with a reasonable amount of time and still earn a pay check. Make a little more sense? It’s like free leave. Same with Soldiers that have no leave but they have a emergency in the family. Instead of having them go in the hole they can be granted excess leave.

accrued leave is the leave you earned and see on your leave form. Excess leave is for Soldiers who need leave and don’t have it. When Soldiers are in excess leave status they don’t earn leave days during that time. Kind of like free leave. Let’s say you had 4 days of earned/accrued leave and getting ready to transition, the command can put you excess status so you can transition with a reasonable amount of time and still earn a pay check. Make a little more sense? It’s like free leave. Same with Soldiers that have no leave but they have a emergence in the family. Instead of having them go in the hole they can be granted excess leave.
Again, TY very much. I will let you know what I find out today and likewise if there is anything I can do to help you out please let me know.

I appreciate it. We will get through this. I’m grateful for this site where we can help each other. Digging into regulations to help educate and take care of Soldiers is something I’m going to miss. Our commands have definitely missed the 3 day mark on the turn around. Hopefully they do right by future Soldiers in the same boat.

I appreciate it. We will get through this. I’m grateful for this site where we can help each other. Digging into regulations to help educate and take care of Soldiers is something I’m going to miss. Our commands have definitely missed the 3 day mark on the turn around. Hopefully they do right by future Soldiers in the same boat.
So I was notified that everything is signed and I now have signed leave form with control #. I notified and sent all documents to TransProc. They mention that they now have to sent everything to PDA for signatures so that new orders and working DD214 can be generated. I see on here that for others this process should be very fast. Any idea, from anyone, how fast the turn-around is for PDA folks?

Hey! It happened in 2hrs because I needed to get a new finance memo but finance needs a new leave AND the cancelled leave for from before so make sure to have those oh a new DD214

So, 4187 and Leave form were both signed and extensions granted. Things are now with USPDA. This all happened about mid-friday so we have not heard back and I am not surprised. To my knowledge hearing back from USPDA is a quick process so I expect to hear from them and have new orders cut first thing Monday. With accepted 4187 and leave form signed by CG, is there anyway that USPDA will not accept the extension?

I’m sure they will accept it but they need at least a day to process your stuff. You won’t get your orders without that new finance memo though