AGR ACAP/TAP Location?

SSGHooah

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello all,

When I was on my first phone counseling with my PEBLO a few weeks ago she stated that I should start looking into jobs outside the Army, putting a resume together, etc., etc. She also said to start the ACAP process. Now I know what that process is as I had gone through it before when I came off of regular active duty a few years ago but now that I am a reserve AGR soldier its a little different. Im located in Sacramento, CA and the closest active duty base is Travis which is Air Force. Im not sure that I can go through the Air Force ACAP process or even sure they have one. Has any one in the AGR community had to go through this or is currently?

Thanks

My_View

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I went through ACAP when I was getting ready to retire 4 years ago. Had to clear Active Duty Post as well, FT Polk, which was about 2.5 hours from where I lived at the time. I was AGR with the National Guard. Not sure how they work it with an AGR member not close to an Active Duty Army Post. Someone in COC should know.

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello all,

When I was on my first phone counseling with my PEBLO a few weeks ago she stated that I should start looking into jobs outside the Army, putting a resume together, etc., etc. She also said to start the ACAP process. Now I know what that process is as I had gone through it before when I came off of regular active duty a few years ago but now that I am a reserve AGR soldier its a little different. Im located in Sacramento, CA and the closest active duty base is Travis which is Air Force. Im not sure that I can go through the Air Force ACAP process or even sure they have one. Has any one in the AGR community had to go through this or is currently?

Thanks
Hi all. I'm like you. Going through the IDES and started the Soldier For Life process. If you BING or google that it will take you to the page to log in and start the retirement process. Its mandatory now and there are some online classes with other products you'll have to produce for the SFL contractors. I don't think it makes a difference with Services. The retirement SFL process I think is about the same as at Fort Knox it is. All the contractors are in a building and they brief all medically retiring/reg retiring personnel up on what steps need completed and such. They also have a 5 day course built to attend that they review all benefits we qualify for.

For you I would go to the SFL website and look around. That is where I started by logging in and went to the Virtual Center to get myself loaded. I had to take a small survey I think last year, then there was a number to call for an initial counseling on the phone.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">