AGR Fit for Duty

eam941

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
First time poster here, I am trying to absorb as much as I can by reading everyone's helpful threads!

I currently have 2 LODs (1 BH and 1 osteo related) and 2 pending LODs. Additionally, onset of other issues have been occurring over the past few years, which stem from BH or newer diagnoses. My leadership and MEDCOM encourage me to go through MEB process, but it entails going through a Fit For Duty and getting a P3 profile. I was advised to get supporting documentation from providers that indicate I am NOT fit for duty to bring with me when I am seen for P3 and formal fit for duty. I am on Tricare prime remote, so I see civilian providers. I am finding it is difficult to ask them to specifically state this in a memorandum. I believe I have enough supporting documentation for my issues at hand for my P3, but can anyone recommend additional supporting docs or memorandums to bring with me? Letters of input from psychologists, friends, family? I am going through West Point. Thank you!

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your service and remember. READ READ READ through this forum and absorb everything.

I've had problems with Camp Atterbury MTF and in speaking with the Fort Knox MTF that are opposites of the polar spectrum. I have posted a lot of my troubles on here so you should be able to click on brianmatt31 and it take you around to the different postings I have.

So we know what you want, how many AFS do you have and are you ready to retire or you wanting to stay in to hit 20 AFS?

eam941

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank you for the reply, I am trying to read as much as possible. I have 15 years, and looking to do a medical retire if possible. Right now my state is sending me to get a P3 permanent profile, which will open the door for an MEB. I guess my biggest question is the best chance to get a P3 profile to start off?

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Also, we've all heard that AGRs don't get LODs but for the IDES you need to get an LOD for each condition if you can. If you can't then ensure you get a ILOD, in line of duty. I have those from KY that we typed up and they worked with the IDES at the MEB stage as I just proved that with a recent condition being added to my case. I can email you a copy of what we type up and the commander signs if you want. I also printed off the VA DBQ's from their website and had my doctors fill them out. I did this because reading through information on www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com I read that the VA/MEB/PEB would look at the DBQ your personal doctor writes up and the one from the C&P exam and give you the better one that represents your condition best so that would help with better percentages. I did that with my cardiologists. I typed up the ILOD, got my doctor to do the DBQ and I sent all that in. the MEB DoD doctors agreed it was unfit, give me a new DA3947 and sent it back to the PEB. So it's important if you are wanting to retire that your Commander when he or she fills out the Commander memo that they basically say you can't do your duties and you have too many medical conditions in order to be a physically fit deployable service member.

eam941

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
That would be wonderful if you can email it to me! I am AGR and the 2 LODs I am being forwarded to West Point with are still current conditions. I believe my Commander is on the same page as far as medical process and will be helpful in justifying my status as being unfit.

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Your Army correct? If so you can look in these two AR's at Chp 3. This will tell you what determines to put someone in a MEB per medical condition. AR 635-40 and in addition AR 40-501 tells you by condition. The 635 tells you process.

So your at 15 AFS. You'll need at least 30% or higher to get a medical retirement. Depending on what they say is "UNFIT" that is what the DoD % will be. Remember, you'll only be medically retired if your unfitting conditions is 30% or more. So with that said for me my doctor but me in the IDES for Diabetes. At the MEB stage they added my lower back condition as unfit as well and I was lucky. But for all the other conditions they did not add as unfit. So at the PEB stage I hit them with only these two unfit conditions and it added up to 40% as DoD but I was 80% with the VA. Being at 17 years AFS I don't qualify for CDRP and in order to qualify for CRSC I have to fight the PEB to get my back injury added as combat related/combat training as you only need one condition combat related to apply for CRSC with the branch your in.
Definitely get spouse, friends, family if your condition is bad and they see that it affects you badly that is more proof to the PEB that it's just not you trying to take advantage of the system. With medical retirement you'll get Tricare For Life which is great to not worry about any annual increases as your rate will always be based on the rate when you medically retire. As I've read.

Attachments

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
sure. what is a good email? I'm at work now and will send it to you.

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
also another thing to do is go to myarmybenefits at that webpage you can look up what Federal and State disability perks you might qual for. Like in KY if your disabled you can some property tax relief. For NY I think is at 60% or something if you are there. I have a buddy in Watertown and he is at 100% and has lots of perks.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">