AGR

NationalGuard79

Registered Member
So I have just recently been told I may have to go through the fit for duty. My psychiatrist and psychologist said I could push to be medically retired. I have 15 years Active and 20 years total. What are the chances of getting concurrent retirement. I have major depression disorder, anxiety, insomnia and I was told it is PTSD but I got upset at the Dr. when he said I have it. He said it happens a lot and would not actually be listed as PTSD in my med records.

Also hip impingement, tore my meniscus in Bosnia that's about it physically. Most of my issues have to deal with mental health issues and I feel my command is out to get me. Anger, I cant calm down once I am upset etc. Oh and I got put in a mental hospital 2 months ago that is what started all this.

I am confused on what I can do or should do!

Thank you in advance

mrando69

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Without 20 years of active duty, you do not qualify for CRDP. I have 18 years of active duty and 21 years total. We don't qualify for TERA either :(

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
So I have just recently been told I may have to go through the fit for duty. My psychiatrist and psychologist said I could push to be medically retired. I have 15 years Active and 20 years total. What are the chances of getting concurrent retirement. I have major depression disorder, anxiety, insomnia and I was told it is PTSD but I got upset at the Dr. when he said I have it. He said it happens a lot and would not actually be listed as PTSD in my med records.

Also hip impingement, tore my meniscus in Bosnia that's about it physically. Most of my issues have to deal with mental health issues and I feel my command is out to get me. Anger, I cant calm down once I am upset etc. Oh and I got put in a mental hospital 2 months ago that is what started all this.

I am confused on what I can do or should do!

Thank you in advance
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In retrospect, if you meet the DSM V criteria for PTSD then so be it; please try to ensure that your medical records accurately reflect a PTSD diagnosis at this particular point in time if applicable.

As such, don't accept anything less if all DSM V criteria for PTSD are met at least in my opinion. Hmm, what was your mental health discharge diagnosis from the mental hospital recently? Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

NationalGuard79

Registered Member
Without 20 years of active duty, you do not qualify for CRDP. I have 18 years of active duty and 21 years total. We don't qualify for TERA either :(
Well I just went and talked to the Vet Rep nearby and he said that with concurrent receipt I would be eligible since I should no doubt receive at least the minimum of 50% disability required. And since I have the 20 year letter I would be eligible for the full 50% of base pay plus va disability. Now you are making me think I have been lied to. Time for more research.

NationalGuard79

Registered Member
It was a civilian "Adult Crisis Center" after that lovely stay I got picked up and taken to the military installation nearby. I have all the mental health issues listed above and I abuse alcohol, I told them it is the only way I can relax. Now I cant even drink anymore so I have no way to calm down. Its been almost 2 months sober and yet I am having a hard time now raging out.

And thanks for the welcome I really am glad to find this forum!

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
It was a civilian "Adult Crisis Center" after that lovely stay I got picked up and taken to the military installation nearby. I have all the mental health issues listed above and I abuse alcohol, I told them it is the only way I can relax. Now I cant even drink anymore so I have no way to calm down. Its been almost 2 months sober and yet I am having a hard time now raging out.

And thanks for the welcome I really am glad to find this forum!
Okay, no worries at this point; you are welcome and we are here to lend any assistance as feasible possible!

Indeed, if your medical symptomology which mirrors PTSD was outlined in DSM V then hopefully a PTSD diagnosis shall follow from the DoVA C&P Examination if you are referred with acceptance into the DoD IDES process.

Remember, a proper medical diagnosis yields a proper medical mental healthcare recovery plan. Take care, brother!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

mrando69

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well I just went and talked to the Vet Rep nearby and he said that with concurrent receipt I would be eligible since I should no doubt receive at least the minimum of 50% disability required. And since I have the 20 year letter I would be eligible for the full 50% of base pay plus va disability. Now you are making me think I have been lied to. Time for more research.
With a regular retirement (20 years of active duty) you would collect both immediately with a 50% VA rating. You'll have to wait until you're 60 (minus qualifying deployment periods) before you can get both since you will be receiving a non-regular retirement. So, technically, that rep didn't lie to you and I didn't give you the whole story. If you're still in doubt, check out the HRC website on CRDP.

Sgt zo

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
For crdp you have to have 20years active duty, 20 year NG does not make you eligible. you have to have at least 7300 points which is equal to 20 years active duty. I just retired AGR and I've been reading rules and regs for the past year to make sure I was educated on everything.

Primary Alternate

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
For crdp you have to have 20years active duty, 20 year NG does not make you eligible. you have to have at least 7300 points which is equal to 20 years active duty. I just retired AGR and I've been reading rules and regs for the past year to make sure I was educated on everything.
Should be 7200 points; (20yrs x 360 points, or 7200/360) for an AGR retirement.

Sgt zo

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Should be 7200 points; (20yrs x 360 points, or 7200/360) for an AGR retirement.
yea, it is 7200, I was thinking 365 x 20= 7300 I was over 8600 points by the time they got through calculating my time. I ended up with roughly 24 years or 60%

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">