Air Force BCMR Decision on MEDCON/Separation Active Duty needing MEB/PEB

I have a question for u Jason, I was separated from the coast Guard after serving 15 years, 10 from the coast Guard and 5 from the Army. I was trying to finish my 20 but was not allowed to reenlist. Instead while going through a MEB was separated for End of enlistment. I was told I was not being kicked oUT but that the coast Guard no longer needed my services....I was being med boarded for ptsd and for my knees, multiple surgeries... I got rated what I was suppose to get from VA bUT got nothing from the coast guard...they separated while I was at a mental hospital receiving treatment for my ptsd...picked me up signed dd214 and dropped me off. They slid me under the door and tried to forget about me....I was kicked out of military housing and forced to become homeless for 22 days along with my wife and my five kids...the reason kicked out of housing is because my command housing that I would be out of the military in 10 days and to get me out....can I fight my case and discharge to go through a medical board that was promised but never completed..I just want to be treated equally....thank u......

Tapuni Uli

The CG has a board of corrections similar to those of the traditional military branches. Here is a link to the page which describes the process: https://www.uscg.mil/legal/bcmr.asp

I have a question for u Jason, I was separated from the coast Guard after serving 15 years, 10 from the coast Guard and 5 from the Army. I was trying to finish my 20 but was not allowed to reenlist. Instead while going through a MEB was separated for End of enlistment. I was told I was not being kicked oUT but that the coast Guard no longer needed my services....I was being med boarded for ptsd and for my knees, multiple surgeries... I got rated what I was suppose to get from VA bUT got nothing from the coast guard...they separated while I was at a mental hospital receiving treatment for my ptsd...picked me up signed dd214 and dropped me off. They slid me under the door and tried to forget about me....I was kicked out of military housing and forced to become homeless for 22 days along with my wife and my five kids...the reason kicked out of housing is because my command housing that I would be out of the military in 10 days and to get me out....can I fight my case and discharge to go through a medical board that was promised but never completed..I just want to be treated equally....thank u......

Tapuni Uli

When were you separated?

Were you actually MED boarded (i.e., did you have a Physical Evaluation Board)?

What were the findings/reason for your discharge?

I suspect you have a case at least at the Coast Guard "BCMR"- but, whether or not you have a case that is within the time frame for jurisdiction in court depends on the facts of your case.

The CG has a board of corrections similar to those of the traditional military branches. Here is a link to the page which describes the process: https://www.uscg.mil/legal/bcmr.asp

This ^^^

When were you separated?

Were you actually MED boarded (i.e., did you have a Physical Evaluation Board)?

What were the findings/reason for your discharge?

I suspect you have a case at least at the Coast Guard "BCMR"- but, whether or not you have a case that is within the time frame for jurisdiction in court depends on the facts of your case.

This ^^^
I was separated in September 2015, I was not med boarded due to the fact that I went through a re elistment board and was denied based on the fact that they said I was didn't have a current diagnosis, which I did and was told that a administrative board trumps a MEB....and that I would get compensated through the VA....my reason for discharge was end of enlistment....that's all they told me....I asked them what about my MEB and than was told the coast guard was gonna separate me even though my MEB was not complete yet....

I was separated in September 2015, I was not med boarded due to the fact that I went through a re elistment board and was denied based on the fact that they said I was didn't have a current diagnosis, which I did and was told that a administrative board trumps a MEB....and that I would get compensated through the VA....my reason for discharge was end of enlistment....that's all they told me....I asked them what about my MEB and than was told the coast guard was gonna separate me even though my MEB was not complete yet....
My lawyer told me if I was getting separated for ptsd from army I would be put in a warrior battalion unit and taken care of but since the coast guard doesn't usually handle these kind of cases they have no idea what to do?

My lawyer told me if I was getting separated for ptsd from army I would be put in a warrior battalion unit and taken care of but since the coast guard doesn't usually handle these kind of cases they have no idea what to do?

From what you have written, you have a strong case for getting at least separation pay, if not retirement pay.

Not gonna guess or speculate about anything about what your lawyer said.

Only way to proceed at this point is through the above referenced administrative channels.

From what you have written, you have a strong case for getting at least separation pay, if not retirement pay.

Not gonna guess or speculate about anything about what your lawyer said.

Only way to proceed at this point is through the above referenced administrative channels.
Thank you so much Jason for the support and the quick responses, it is definitely helpful. I will proceed with bcmr first but not sure if I should hire a lawyer because I don't want to get screwed again but want my case to be heard from a medical point of view...