Air Force current timeline for IPEB, then to FPEB?

pcarroll

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Any input on the timelines from start to finish on the IPEB ? Also if appealed, how long from end of IPEB to the beginning of the FPEB stage?

NT3

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello. Hope you're doing well. I am AF AD over 20 years. Here is my timeline (CONUS) 2019:

Approx. 10-19 April
MEB recommendation submitted to AFPC
AFPC denied and placed on C-2 code
Submitted MFR for reconsideration/Had to get OAC involved
AFPC recommended full MEB
Met w/PEBLO AND MSC

Approx. 23-31 May
Completed C&P Exams

June
Exam reports returned to PEBLO
NARSUM completed

From 2-30 July
Signed 618
Package submitted to PEB
Found unfit by PEB/Package sent to VA for ratings
VA returned ratings to PEB
PEB returned decision via MyPers to PEBLO

1 Aug
Signed 1180 for ratings

Waiting for retirement orders and was told 2-4 weeks.

RGZWS6

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
NT3: I'm curious if you were advised by the OAC on any/all benefits to pursuing the MEB and subsequent Chapter 61 retirement versus the traditional length of service retirement. There is very little out there that explains in detail what some of the potential benefits are. I've read only scant rumors of frozen TRICARE premiums, and depending on the State and the DoD percentage, the potential for your retirement income being protected from garnishment in certain situations such as divorce.

Can you shed any light on what your particular experience has shown?

NT3

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
NT3: I'm curious if you were advised by the OAC on any/all benefits to pursuing the MEB and subsequent Chapter 61 retirement versus the traditional length of service retirement. There is very little out there that explains in detail what some of the potential benefits are. I've read only scant rumors of frozen TRICARE premiums, and depending on the State and the DoD percentage, the potential for your retirement income being protected from garnishment in certain situations such as divorce.

Can you shed any light on what your particular experience has shown?
Unfortunately, most of my gained info on the MEB process came from searching and reading on this forum and the AFI regarding MEBs. However, the OAC was helpful whenever I contacted them regarding AFPC initially returning me to duty just because I was over 20. SMs normally request OAC assistance after receiving their PEB rating and need guidance/representation to appeal to the FPEB.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">