Air Force IDES Timeline

OZ44

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Air Force IDES Timeline:
Process is almost over for me! I truly appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and knowledge. So I’m sharing mine. I received my ratings today. Over 20 years
PDRL 90% DoD / 100% P&T VA

Here’s my timeline:

11 May 20- Referred to DAWG by PCM
25 May 20 - Assigned PEBLO
26 June 20- IRILO Package (NARSUM & CIS) sent to AFPC
17 Jul 20- IRILO Directed full MEB (I was nervous about this because I already had an approved Retirement Date)
28 Aug 20- IDES Inital Brief VA(MSC)
4 Sep 20- VA Claims submitted to VA
7 Oct 20- QTC set up appointments
20 Oct 20- First QTC C&P exam:
6 Nov 20- Last QTC C&P exam:
8 Dec- QTC C&P results released to VA
9 Dec 20- Exam results sent to providers for NARSUM (addendum): While waiting for my updated CIS my PEBLO said everything else was done. Only to find out I still needed an addendum done once I got the CIS back.
22 Jan- Package sent to IPEB for fit determination (was not happy with my PEBLO for the dropping ball)
1 Feb- Fit determination received back from IPEB
3 Feb- Met with PEBLO to discuss finding and rating
TBD- Signed AF1180 will sign after I speak with ODC
TBD - Retirement Orders received
TBD- Retirement Date

jjc2010

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Air Force IDES Timeline:
Process is almost over for me! I truly appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and knowledge. So I’m sharing mine. I received my ratings today. Over 20 years

Here’s my timeline:

17 Jul 20- IRILO Directed full MEB (I was nervous about this because I already had an approved Retirement Date)
9 Dec 20- Exam results sent to providers for NARSUM (addendum): While waiting for my updated CIS my PEBLO said everything else was done. Only to find out I still needed an addendum done once I got the CIS back.
22 Jan- Package sent to IPEB for fit determination (was not happy with my PEBLO for the dropping ball)
TBD- Signed AF1180 will sign after I speak with ODC
TBD - Retirement Orders received
TBD- Retirement Date
Air Force IDES for me as well. I just saw an update on va.gov that my proposed ratings are complete. Do you know how long it normally takes for the PEBLO to get the proposed ratings?

I was supposed to be done by now, but at the last minute, I needed an additional C&P appointment, and it delayed my process. It's making me nervous because I have a job that I am starting in April. Thanks for any tips/information you might have!

OZ44

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Air Force IDES for me as well. I just saw an update on va.gov that my proposed ratings are complete. Do you know how long it normally takes for the PEBLO to get the proposed ratings?

I was supposed to be done by now, but at the last minute, I needed an additional C&P appointment, and it delayed my process. It's making me nervous because I have a job that I am starting in April. Thanks for any tips/information you might have!
Your PEBLO will have the VA results in a few business days. That shouldn’t be your concern though. Where are you at with signing your package/Narsum to be sent up to the IPEB? Once your package is sent to IPEB it’ll take about a week or two for a decision. Once your findings come back from the IPEB that’s when your PEBLO will show you your proposed DoD & VA ratings. If you agree with the DoD findings then you’ll sign your AF1180 and should have your orders within a week or two to start out processing.

jjc2010

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Your PEBLO will have the VA results in a few business days. That shouldn’t be your concern though. Where are you at with signing your package/Narsum to be sent up to the IPEB? Once your package is sent to IPEB it’ll take about a week or two for a decision. Once your findings come back from the IPEB that’s when your PEBLO will show you your proposed DoD & VA ratings. If you agree with the DoD findings then you’ll sign your AF1180 and should have your orders within a week or two to start out processing.
Yesterday my MSC e-mailed me this: "Your claim has been sent to the rating board and the next step should be to conduct your NARSUM briefing with the PEBLO after your rating is completed."

According to the timeline, this process has been somewhat confusing because some steps seem out of order for my procedure. It still has been somewhat of an efficient process, but not knowing what's next is a little frustrating. From my understanding, my package is already at the IPEB, and I should be receiving my ratings soon, according to what my MSC stated. Is that how you interpret this?

OZ44

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
That doesn’t make sense to me either. Your rating has nothing to do with your NARSUM briefing being accomplished. You shouldn’t be dealing with your MSC anymore. Only your PEBLO. Ask him/her what’s the status of your case. And what actions need to be taken before it gets to next step.

jjc2010

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That doesn’t make sense to me either. Your rating has nothing to do with your NARSUM briefing being accomplished. You shouldn’t be dealing with your MSC anymore. Only your PEBLO. Ask him/her what’s the status of your case. And what actions need to be taken before it gets to next step.
Update: My PEBLO called and said my "local board" has been pieced together and we are meeting tomorrow so she can explain everything to me. I am guessing this is the PEBLO briefing for the findings/ratings?

OZ44

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Update: My PEBLO called and said my "local board" has been pieced together and we are meeting tomorrow so she can explain everything to me. I am guessing this is the PEBLO briefing for the findings/ratings?
Honestly I’m confused at this point. The only time there is a local board is when your package goes before the DAWG in the beginning of the process. You’re past that point. Please let me know what happens. You can’t have your findings back if you haven’t reviewed your NARSUM and signed your AF 618 to be sent to the IPEB

Last edited:

jjc2010

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Honestly I’m confused at this point. The only time there is a local board is when your package goes before the DAWG in the beginning of the process. You’re past that point. Please let me know what happens. You can’t have your findings back if you haven’t reviewed your NARSUM and signed your AF 618 to be sent to the IPEB
So, just signed my 618. The way everything was explained to me was super confusing, but now it all makes sense. In my va.gov account, I have one claimed that's closed and my first claim is still open. My package is being sent up today, and I am hoping since the VA has my proposed ratings that I can sign my final form within the next two weeks.

OZ44

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Ok, I’m glad your PEBLO explained everything. So once you get an email from MILPERS saying the IPEB has received your package I would say you should have a decision back within a week. You’ll get another email saying they have sent the findings to your PEBLO. At that point your PEBLO will schedule a time for you all to go over your results. In the meantime You can call the VA 1-800-827-1000 and ask them to email you your proposed ratings. Just tell them that your never received your rating in the mail. Don’t mention anything else about being in a MEB

jjc2010

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks for the information, I have a few more days to wait until I hit the 10-day mark before they'll give me the proposed ratings. Have you received your 1180 yet?

OZ44

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Oh ok. I didn’t realize you were still within the 10 day window with the VA. Yes I signed and submitted my 1180 on the 9 Feb. should get my orders sometime next week.

jjc2010

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Congrats! I hope you got what you were looking for, and thank you for all your help. It really helped me clear up a lot of confusion.

SamB1978

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Oh ok. I didn’t realize you were still within the 10 day window with the VA. Yes I signed and submitted my 1180 on the 9 Feb. should get my orders sometime next week.
I signed for my ratings on 12 Feb. 40% DOD 100% VA. I'm looking forward to your update to see how long it takes to get orders. You're only 3 days ahead of me so hopefully you get yours sooner than I do! Good luck to you.

OZ44

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I signed for my ratings on 12 Feb. 40% DOD 100% VA. I'm looking forward to your update to see how long it takes to get orders. You're only 3 days ahead of me so hopefully you get yours sooner than I do! Good luck to you.
Same to you! I believe I should receive my orders this week. I’ll update as soon as I get them.

jjc2010

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well no orders this week. Hoping next week!!!
It's been pretty difficult waiting on this last step knowing we are all so close. But I also understand the chaos that is happening in TX right now. I hope everything gets under control soon and we can all finish this long tedious process and be done!

SamB1978

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Well no orders this week. Hoping next week!!!
Yeah, most bases were closed in Texas last week because of the weather (and no electric, water etc..) hopefully they are able to catch up this week.

OZ44

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Air Force IDES Timeline:

Here’s my timeline:

9 Feb - Signed AF1180
23 Feb- Retirement Orders received
23 Feb - Retirement Date 30 May 2021

jjc2010

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Congrats! I see 30 May is the retirement date. I am assuming that is after all your leave has been taken ("terminal leave")?

OZ44

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Congrats! I see 30 May is the retirement date. I am assuming that is after all your leave has been taken ("terminal leave")?
Thank you! Yes, I selected my retirement date. I’m taking 20 Permissive and 69 leave days. I’m selling 22 days because it’s financially more beneficial with my retirement, 100% VA and leave sell back.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">