Air Force IPEB

Are you calling AFPC directly? I've called Providence, PEBLO, OAC. I may call OAC back because she told me if I wasn't seeing any movement to call her back and she would call to start asking questions. Maybe that's what it would take because, God forbid, my PEBLO would be so kind to make inquiries until "2-4 months".
I only called AFPC once but all of my other info has been from Providence. I just always start my inquiries like I don't know that they have my package and once they have your file open I ask as many questions as I can. I usually start with "I'm calling to see if you have received my IPEB package". After they open your case to see just fire away your questions. That was my technique anyway. I hope it works for you as well.

Copy, I tried Providence but they couldn't do anything until they receive the findings back from APFC...that's where the hold-up currently is. Providence has been very nice and informative. What did AFPC tell you...hopefully not to contact your PEBLO.

Copy, I tried Providence but they couldn't do anything until they receive the findings back from APFC...that's where the hold-up currently is. Providence has been very nice and informative. What did AFPC tell you...hopefully not to contact your PEBLO.
They were kind of upset that I was calling but I told them that I wasn't able to get in contact with my PEBLO and they just gave me the update.

I’m at the same step. Waiting for AFPC. I did get the myPers notification that it was at the Air Force Personnel Center Physical Disability Operations Branch today though. Then goes to the VA if unfit I believe.

So I called again to find out what was going on with my case. Was told (again) my package was "sent for ratings" on Nov 16. I again exclaimed that the VA is adamant they didn't yet have it (the PEB findings). Was told she would call and find out what was going on because it wasn't making any sense based on what she was showing.

Hate to vent on here but damn, no wonder people lose their mind going through this process.Why would one system be showing one thing but another entity (VA) not have? Isn't everything electronically submitted?
Based on other timelines, the info I got about being already sent off would be in line with most everyone else on here recently. Just can't seem to track it down now. Very odd.

Please try to have a little more patience. You are not the only one they are working with. 2 to 3 weeks in not a long time. Don't cause your self to stress if its moving then that's a good thing.

Update: Certainly not the Christmas present I was hoping for. It looks like I'm out of the running with a few others on here whose case timelines are similar to mine. Due to complexity, it'll be after first of the year before I get a "Fit/Unfit" finding. I don't consider my conditions to be that complex. I could start my terminal leave next May so part of me wonders if they are trying to "help me" by dragging it out past the holidays to get me closer to my 20 active. I honestly expected for a PEB finding within 2 months at the most. Off to other things for a bit but I'll update as available. At least the first part of the year is only 3 1/2 weeks away :) On a separate note, do these case managers only work one case at a time or multiple? Once a case worker has it, do they hand off at some point to another case worker or keep it the whole time?

Last edited:
Update: Certainly not the Christmas present I was hoping for. It looks like I'm out of the running with a few others on here whose case timelines are similar to mine. Due to complexity, it'll be after first of the year before I get a "Fit/Unfit" finding. I don't consider my conditions to be that complex. I could start my terminal leave next May so part of me wonders if they are trying to "help me" by dragging it out past the holidays to get me closer to my 20 active. I honestly expected for a PEB finding within 2 months at the most. Off to other things for a bit but I'll update as available. At least the first part of the year is only 3 1/2 weeks away :) On a separate note, do these case managers only work one case at a time or multiple? Once a case worker has it, do they hand off at some point to another case worker or keep it the whole time?
I'm sorry to hear that man. Hopefully whatever is best for you happens.

Update 3:
E-Benefits went from "Review of Evidence" to "Preparation for Decision". Estimated completion date changed from April to end of July.

Hoping this is good news!

For anyone who needs it these are all working numbers that I have personally used for updates.
(401)223-3700 - Providence VA
(210)565-3256 - AFPC
(210)565-0739 - OAC

Disclaimer: you may have to call multiple times to get someone to anwser.
Thanks for providing these numbers. Most helpful number was Providence.

Update:8 Dec 17 Ebenefits now has a historical claim so hopefully my ratings come in the next week or 2.
Did you have a new "Compensation" claim open up? I did but nothing in historical. I suspect I'll see it in a day or two. Seems like things are picking up very fast.

So I called again and got a different person. Again, very nice guy willing to help (wish PEBLO was like this guy). Said they were still waiting on IPEB findings from the AF. Had everything else they needed except those particular findings. I'll give it a week or two then call back. Was really hoping to start my out-processing this month. 4 weeks with Randolph.
Check with your PEBLO this week. I called the VA (in Providence) and they let me know that they had my AF Form 356, (VA said they couldn't discuss the decision, but did confirm they had my 356) which let me know to call my PEBLO quickly. PEBLO looked up in the tracking application and said unfit. My IPEB start date was the 1st of Dec and decision was the 5th!! That seems quick IMO, but movement is happening right before the holidays..

Yep, Providence confirmed receipt of my 356. I know at this point I'm unfit. I emailed my PEBLO. The response was along the lines of "No updates. It takes 2-4 months for IPEB fit/unfit." (I expected that type of response.) I know my package was sent from IPEB to DRAS in a period of 11 days, based on email from MyPers and date Providence received my 356.
Just curious, why would you need to contact your PEBLO "quickly"? My understanding is we "should" get an email stating that our PEBLO has 24 hours to contact us once ratings are provided to them.

Did your PEBLO give you copy of your 356?

Last edited:
Yep, Providence confirmed receipt of my 356. I know at this point I'm unfit. I emailed my PEBLO. The response was along the lines of "No updates. It takes 2-4 months for IPEB fit/unfit." (I expected that type of response.) I know my package was sent from IPEB to DRAS in a period of 11 days, based on email from MyPers and date Providence received my 356.
Just curious, why would you need to contact your PEBLO "quickly"? My understanding is we "should" get an email stating that our PEBLO has 24 hours to contact us once ratings are provided to them.

Did your PEBLO give you copy of your 356?

I say quickly for my behalf because I'm already at 21 years and needed to know if I was going to be a Mr. or be interested enough to continue to SMSgt. Now I can start the Mr. process.

I finally got copy of my proposed ratings. I'm very happy. However I'm confused about my DoD ratings now because 3 conditions were proposed not service connected but I only got them a few years ago and I've been active th whole time. Going to be upset if DoD now comes back and offers severence because of these 3 conditions. I don't even know what I was found unfit for to compare besides migraines and OSA (due to medicine reqd for fatigue). Are all the conditions on my 618 what I was found unfit for? How would I know if P&T? I'm thinking if DoD adopts at least my migraines then I should be fine.

Last edited: