Air Force March IPEB Packages

misslady765

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello,
Can you add me to the March Time-line
MEB for Compartment Syndrome
sent package off 22 March 10. If anyone has information or knows someone that was medically sep/ret for this condition, please send me a message.

TEE

greenne

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello,
Can you add me to the March Time-line
MEB for Compartment Syndrome
sent package off 22 March 10. If anyone has information or knows someone that was medically sep/ret for this condition, please send me a message.

TEE
Your date has been added.

rebelblue

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Got note added to profile. (handwritten in by PCM due to rules about that sort of stuff). Talked to HAWCabout note section which they can access via computer. Exercise Guy there in charge of PT test exemptions said nothing he could do with it until JULY because of AFI. Said exemptions would reamain the same....run, situps, push ups.

Will talk to OIC, 1st Sgt, Commander. Have phone number of PCM for them to call....not expecting much help from anyone other than OIC. (And he now scheduled PCA...commander scheduled to PCS.) At this point just hoping that med board results come back before fail # four. (Pretty sure 1st Sgt is driving factor in this...and he still gonna be here) Current AFI doesn't allow for waist measurment exemption with medication I'm on (which is oral steroid). NEW AFI will. But by then, be too late....unless commander sees/uses some common sense.(keeping fingers crossed)

rebelblue

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
JUST got email back from PEBLO. Asked if there was any change to the expected 20 week wait. She stated that the expected wait for results from board is still 18-20 weeks.

Also, quick question. Does anyone know if it is possible to add information to your package once it has been submitted? And is it worth it? (my package was submitted four weeks ago....if I added info, would my wait time start over? Is that better than having to add the info on the back end...potentially push for FPEB and wait another 20 plus weeks?)?

skills4lou

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
You can add me. Package hit IPEB 5 Feb 2010 for bad back (L3-S1) and discectomy/fusion at C5-C7, as well as sleep apnea.

Oceanview100

Registered Member
MJ--
not sure my PEBLO is all that with it. Was arguing disk herniations in medical records when VA toads said disk bulges. PEBLO says no difference. He says all that matters is range of motion studies. I think PEBLO is trying to just push this through and get me out of his sites. Have you been told its all ROM and that herniations are same as bulges? Thanks.

skills4lou

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Reading through the VASDR, I think the ROM is pretty much the ruling factor in the ratings. Less ROM=higher percentages.

airbabygurl

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hey guys, so My package was sent off Feb 19, 2010. I got an email on April23 saying that the package had been sent to the VA for their rating and then it would go back to the DoD for review again. I talked to my VA rep today and she said she got my ratings back today. Now my case hasnt been confirmed yet I have to wait for the PEBLO to call me and schedule a time to come in and look at my "proposed" ratings and package however, she said once you get the proposed ratings from the VA, they usually get the full package back from "review" at the IPEB within the next 2 weeks or so. So....wish me luck! I hope it turns out good and I'll keep up the postings and let you know.

PS a MSgt in my unit just got his back from January and so he said their trying to speed up the process now, with all the holiday's out the way alot of the board members were on leave and vacation. So..... Good luck to everybody else!!!!

airbabygurl

PEB Forum Regular Member
Okay guys so.... I got my "proposed" ratings from the PEB and VA...... the PEB found

THORACIC AND LUMBAR STRAIN, DDD, AND SPONDYLOLISTHESIS WITH BULGING DISC AND ARTHRITIS 10%

the VA rated me as well for a few different things and found 30% !! Yay! ;)

my PEBLO said my case is now back at the IPEB awaiting review and once they review it and concur or non-concur (which they normally concur) and my PEBLO said that usually takes about 2 weeks, then it will be official and we can request the separation orders.

airbabygurl

PEB Forum Regular Member
MEB timeline

MEB started: September 2009
Package sent to IPEB: February 19, 2010
IPEB needed additional Info: March 15, 2010
Rating recieved: April 30, 2010
Completed paperwork/review from IPEB: May 4, 2010
Recieved orders from AFPC: May 19, 2010
Discharge date: June 23, 2010

MagnumTi

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Just saw this post, I wrote my time under the "Feb?" post. My package was mailed to IPEB on 5 Feb 10.

Tiller

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hello everyone - I received my results today!!

30% Permanent retirement.

My package was submitted 9 Feb 2010.

I want to thank everybody on the board for all of the support - it really helped my wait to be able to log in and read about people who are going through to same painful process. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Tiller,

Congratulations! Best of luck in your retirement.

MagnumTi

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
OK, so apparently my results came back today...but I have no clue what the results are!! My PEBLO sends me a message stating this,

"Mon 5/24/2010 9:55 AM
Subject: MEB results

SSgt,

Would you like to do this over email or would you like to travel to Shaw?

Respectfully,

XXXX XXXXXX, Ctr, PEBLO"

Now, you would think that knowing the anticipation that she would give me at least a hint as to what the results were. No, so I email her back saying email is fine (because I am a GSU and my MPF is 3 hours away). No word from her. I have tried calling her 3 times today trying to get an answer, and also sent another email asking if she could provide more information. But again, she doesn't answer the phone and she still hasn't emailed me back. You'd think this wouldn't be the case...

So, again....sent to IPEB 5 FEB, returned 24 MAY...results unknown at this time.

robs42

PEB Forum Veteran
still nothing on my mid march case, but my VA claims started to come through. jan i had a comp & pen for hearing/tinnitus, got my results back w/in a month (feb) 0% hearing loss and 10% tinnitus. then in feb i had another comp & pen for PTSD, once again i got my results back w/in a month-march (50%). so by the time my stuff got sent to the IPEB i am already @ 60% and the VA s still working my major cases: Back Injury, TBI and OSA. they said they couldn't rate me on my major conditionds due to the fact that they did not have access to my military medical records, which is kind of BS cause i go to the VA for treatment for all of my conditions. so my VSO just filed an appeal and i submitted copies of my PEB stuff, from when they sent me to Wilford Hall, LAFB, TX in march. either way...i gave up on worrying if my IPEB takes 4,6,8,10 months. i have been going @ this since 2006, what's a few more months and as it stands now i'm @ 60% w/out 3 of my major conditions. and as long as i'm still getting paid it's $ in the bank :) hang in there guys, it'll come.

MagnumTi

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
OK, so I finally got a hold of my PEBLO and I was awarded 30% TDRL! It is nice this has finally came through and the waiting game is over. My date of sep is pretty quick too...28 June. Basically, my 10 days accrued leave starts 19 June, and my commander is authorizing 20 days permissive...so 30 May is pretty much it for me! I will be doing my outprocessing during the 20 days though, because I am staying in the local area after retirement. Thank for all the info on this board!

Sent to IPEB 5 Feb
Returned not fit 24 May
DOS 28 JUN

rebelblue

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
OK, so I finally got a hold of my PEBLO and I was awarded 30% TDRL! It is nice this has finally came through and the waiting game is over. My date of sep is pretty quick too...28 June. Basically, my 10 days accrued leave starts 19 June, and my commander is authorizing 20 days permissive...so 30 May is pretty much it for me! I will be doing my outprocessing during the 20 days though, because I am staying in the local area after retirement. Thank for all the info on this board!

Sent to IPEB 5 Feb
Returned not fit 24 May
DOS 28 JUN
Congratulations! Was your package sent up under the regular MEB process or the pilot program? Was it fast tracked? Only reason I ask is because my PEBLO recently informed me that there "is no way that people who's package was not fast tracked are getting answers if their package was sent up in february or later". Somehow I'm not buying it....

Tiller

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hi,

My package was not in the pilot program or fast track and I received my results in 100 days. Sent to AFPC on 9 Feb, returned 30% perm. retirement on 19 May. Sorry to say but I think your PEBLO doesn't have the whole story.

Tiller

Toni bologna

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
You're getting my hopes up....mypackage was submitted to AFPC on 10 April, and was told 6 months before i hear something. At this point, i really just want OUT...so truly, you've given me some hope...

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">