Air Force PEB Update

Aye the movement comes in spurts in my case, and it feels like that "green light" has come up and Im ready to mash the gas and go, then its back into a waiting state, now everything is coming to a head, My ratings are done, but not in my hand yet, my ssdi court case is the 4th of mar, my SCAADL paperwork was signed (but the guy that processes it was not at work today), I do not find out if I need abdomen surgery until tomorrow and then I do not know what.

So last week and this week have been busy, next week will be slow, the week after will be iffy, then a court case, then who knows what. it may be close enough and timed just right for me to request MR. status on my Birthday 28 June.

If you don't mind me asking, why was your initial SSDI claim denied, did you apply via the wounded warrior program?

If you don't mind me asking, why was your initial SSDI claim denied, did you apply via the wounded warrior program?

Not sure why it was denied to be honest, the doctors statements in my cases stated there was reason to beleive that my statements matched my medical records, and agreed with all the civilian doctors, but after that long paragraph it just said "not disabled", on the appeal, pretty much the same thing, everything matched up, said that my conditions where likely to cause the loss of work etc. etc. etc., then said not disabled. I really strongly believe that it is either the grid rules that killed me since mine is a multi-condition case, or the fact Im in a very red state.

and yes I applied via wounded warrior, hence the short timeframe (Initial ap in nov 2012 to hearing date of mar 2014) is actually pretty fast for oklahoma timelines.

Ok, so today I got an email response from the VA, in regards to my inquiry email sent on 11 Feb, and it stated that their records show me in the predetermination process awaiting a proposed decision. Anyone else ever dealth with this? How long is this SUPPOSED to take?

It seems that the VA has begun working November cases, I have been talking with another PEB person from Hurlburt and his file was sent to the VA on 1 NOV and his status changed to pending approval in ebenfits.

It seems that the VA has begun working November cases, I have been talking with another PEB person from Hurlburt and his file was sent to the VA on 1 NOV and his status changed to pending approval in ebenfits.

That's good to know, also if you follow the thread on Providence timelines somebody posted that the cases that were being transferred from Seattle have been put on hold while the Providence cases are worked and also that overtime has been approved for workers there.

Yes I read that, they were being transfered initially to clear the backlog of cases over 125 days for the Army, by doing that they just created a back log of Air Force cases over a hundred and twenty five days. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Instead of just hiring more raters to clear all the backlogs, its ridiculous!

The advance adjudication/summary disposition process is really just an institutionalization of what you and I have been doing for years, Jason- providing written case outlines with supporting exhibits as ot why our clients should receive the results desired. In my mind, it served two purposes- first, the summary disposition might be granted on the record; or, in the alternative, the theory of the case was laid out well so that the FPEB members would be up to speed shortly after reading it ( which sometimes occurs that morning, unfortunately, due to the volume of cases. Good post, Jason- as well as your related comments about the major changes in travel time for members- that may not seem like a big deal if you assigned to a duty station near a major travel hub, but it is not fun if you are assigned in remote duty stations.