Air Force Personnel Board Timeline

bigfactz

Registered Member
I received a email on Jul 3rd stating that my package is currently at the AFPB a component of the SAFPC, for final review. How will it take for them to finalize my case? I really need a answer for my sanity.
Thankful for anyone who responds.

Darkspanner

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I received a email on Jul 3rd stating that my package is currently at the AFPB a component of the SAFPC, for final review. How will it take for them to finalize my case? I really need a answer for my sanity.
Thankful for anyone who responds.
Some more details would help. Are you reserve, guard, active?

bigfactz

Registered Member
Some more details would help. Are you reserve, guard, active?
I am AD and the package that they have received includes a dual separation case. I agreed and signed to the offer of disability with severance pay before the administrative issue came into effect, which status is general under honorable conditions.

Darkspanner

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Dual separation? Was it an administrative issue stemmed from a negative factor such as an Art 15.

And dont worry there is zero judgement on this website/platform.

I ask because separation with severance for medical is wayyy less beneficial then a Medical Retirement.

SoManyQuestions

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm in the same boat. I was told 6-8 weeks once the case is sent to SAFPC. My case manager over at AFPC said that he hasn't sent many here recently and there is a good chance it would come back within that time frame. He made no promises because he had seen them take much longer than 8 weeks in the past.

Beergod0352

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Been there done that. They also do a grade determination “if you’ve lost a stripe or not”. They only review so many “packages” once every quarter. You’re Peblo will let you know. Mine took forever , but I didn’t care or want to get out. So just ride that active duty train until you get out man. The grass is NOT greener on the other side.

SoManyQuestions

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Been there done that. They also do a grade determination “if you’ve lost a stripe or not”. They only review so many “packages” once every quarter. You’re Peblo will let you know. Mine took forever , but I didn’t care or want to get out. So just ride that active duty train until you get out man. The grass is NOT greener on the other side.
The grass on the other side includes a guaranteed 6 figure income, 3K disability paychecks each month, and I'm carrying a 4.0 right now. I believe it is greener but not all situations are the same. I also believe in hard work and wont be sitting around once I get out. I understand this is a huge issue for a lot of people leaving the military who never had a job on the outside to begin with.
I do have a grade determination happening also. What was the outcome of your dual action case? Did it include an Article 15? how long was "forever"? Any information you're willing to share will be helpful and I understand if the situation is triggering or sensitive.

Beergod0352

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The grass on the other side includes a guaranteed 6 figure income, 3K disability paychecks each month, and I'm carrying a 4.0 right now. I believe it is greener but not all situations are the same. I also believe in hard work and wont be sitting around once I get out. I understand this is a huge issue for a lot of people leaving the military who never had a job on the outside to begin with.
I do have a grade determination happening also. What was the outcome of your dual action case? Did it include an Article 15? how long was "forever"? Any information you're willing to share will be helpful and I understand if the situation is triggering or sensitive.
Yeah. Had a few 15’s in my time. My grade determination said TSgt. My retired id says SSgt. My retirement certificate mailed to me by AFPC says TSgt . I ended up doing E4,5,6 twice man. But when your out NO ONE CARES. Lol.

They only do 30 packages at a time” don’t quote me on that” call the office of the secdef and ask. I did. They’re the ones reviewing your shit anyways. Doesn’t hurt to call and ask where your package is. It was either 30 or 45 applications once a quarter or something like that. Took me 8 months I think. This was after I already knew I was 100%. All the va shit was done. I did TAPS and was just waiting on that paper to come back man so I could get out . This was JBMDL active duty. Also stay out of trouble when you get out. If you go to jail and you’re in over 60 days your VA pay stops. Lol I learned the hard way.

SoManyQuestions

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yeah. Had a few 15’s in my time. My grade determination said TSgt. My retired id says SSgt. My retirement certificate mailed to me by AFPC says TSgt . I ended up doing E4,5,6 twice man. But when your out NO ONE CARES. Lol.

They only do 30 packages at a time” don’t quote me on that” call the office of the secdef and ask. I did. They’re the ones reviewing your shit anyways. Doesn’t hurt to call and ask where your package is. It was either 30 or 45 applications once a quarter or something like that. Took me 8 months I think. This was after I already knew I was 100%. All the va shit was done. I did TAPS and was just waiting on that paper to come back man so I could get out . This was JBMDL active duty. Also stay out of trouble when you get out. If you go to jail and you’re in over 60 days your VA pay stops. Lol I learned the hard way.
You have been a huge help to me. I will look into contacting the office of the secdef. Thank you for the timeline. When going with the MEB was this considered an honorable discharge or was it considered a General under honorable conditions? I’ve been confused in that process because I’ve been told different things by different people who have never been through the process themselves. The classification of discharge is what I’m most concerned about because of what it could mean for me in the state of Texas. It must be Honorable medical retirement to recieve the benifits Texas provides.

Darkspanner

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
You have been a huge help to me. I will look into contacting the office of the secdef. Thank you for the timeline. When going with the MEB was this considered an honorable discharge or was it considered a General under honorable conditions? I’ve been confused in that process because I’ve been told different things by different people who have never been through the process themselves. The classification of discharge is what I’m most concerned about because of what it could mean for me in the state of Texas. It must be Honorable medical retirement to recieve the benifits Texas provides.
If your undoing an MEB. Your retirement is medical which carries the same as honorable.

SoManyQuestions

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If your undoing an MEB. Your retirement is medical which carries the same as honorable.
Thank you, that one thing I was confused on and so was my leadership to include my PEBLO who has never dealt with a dual action case before. The MEB was finished back in May but AFPC didn’t send my paperwork to SAFPC until sometime last week. I’m thinking of contacting them to make sure that it made it to them because there has been such a wait time where paperwork was just lost.

FortheKicks23

Registered Member
What is the phone number to call to see where your package is? I too am in the same boat with grade determination and my package has been there since july.

FortheKicks23

Registered Member
How long was forever? I've been waiting two and half months since it was recieved at safpc for grade determination

FortheKicks23

Registered Member

Do you have the phone number for SECDEF? I cant find any numbers anywhere and the total force number doesn't help. they dont know anything.

SoManyQuestions

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Do you have the phone number for SECDEF? I cant find any numbers anywhere and the total force number doesn't help. they dont know anything.
Hey I'm in the same boat. Nobody has the answer to anything. Apparently there is no number to call, and all of the timelines are made up. I've been waiting since June. Good luck.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">