Air Force Reserve MEB with 19yrs 5mo?

Mosesiii21

Registered Member
Hello all. I am in the MEB process as an AF Reservist with 19yrs 5mo service. I started this process about 1 1/2 yrs ago and finally got a PEBLO who will try to push the paperwork forward. I am currently rated by the VA for PTSD@70%, Sleep Apnea@50%, and tinnitus@10%. I originally came back from a deployment in 2003 and was diagnosed with readjustment disorder/ depressive moods/ sleeplessness. I stayed on medication for 6 months then stop taking them because I was told I would be discharged if I continued taking meds. All this is documented in my Med file. The AD side just sent me back to the reserve side with no LOD. I was told they didn't do that for reservists in 2003?. I managed to cope on my own over the years but the issues got worse several years ago. I had to start taking medication again and report it to my MTF. I was recommended last year for MEB and I am nondeployable. I have submitted the required docs from my civilian doctors to the PEBLO this past week and he said we would know more in 1 to 3 months. I have searched other threads but there is a lot of info to digest and every situation is different. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.