Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Wow,

I didn't know this program existed. Thank you for posting!

The program is wonderful. The sister program for the Army really helped me. But after a year of "going" through the initiation process of an MEB for my husband, I am still trying to get help getting him into the program. Can anyone give me any help?

jaboyt,
Whoever the Doc is that initiated the MEB will have to indicate to the MEB coordinator that the reason for the MEB was a result of Combat. Once that is indicated, the medical folks at Randolph will contact the AF Wounded Warrior Program and he will be assigned a case manager...mine is Vicki...I would also direct you to the Airman Family Readiness Center...I know that most bases have a AFW2 program manager for the base. What base are you at?

jaboyt,
Whoever the Doc is that initiated the MEB will have to indicate to the MEB coordinator that the reason for the MEB was a result of Combat. Once that is indicated, the medical folks at Randolph will contact the AF Wounded Warrior Program and he will be assigned a case manager...mine is Vicki...I would also direct you to the Airman Family Readiness Center...I know that most bases have a AFW2 program manager for the base. What base are you at?

The AF Wounded Warrior program is excellent. They have been about the only thing that I can say is positive things about regarding my care, treatment, and MEB since my Combat Injury. The way the AF has treated me other than the AFW2 program has been extremely dissappointing. In fact, it is one of the main reasons I have decided to get out--because I have not fully recovered and I don't think I will recover given the current climate in the AF culture right. I really feel sad I have to say that, as I am totally AF blue..have been for 10 yrs.

Nate

The way the AF has treated me other than the AFW2 program has been extremely dissappointing. In fact, it is one of the main reasons I have decided to get out--because I have not fully recovered and I don't think I will recover given the current climate in the AF culture right. I really feel sad I have to say that, as I am totally AF blue..have been for 10 yrs.

Nate
I know the felling Nate...I feel like an outsider in my own squadron. I am retiring after 21 years...and I feel I could have made a difference for another 3-4 years, but everyone now cares more about PT than training. I'm done but happy I could serve for 21 years.

Nemo

When I told the military I needed specialized transportation to travel lying down with my leg elevated I was told, “you could contact a private company for transport at your own expense. The cost is $230 round-trip." Since Jan 09, I've had to make 56 medical appointments. When combined with non-medical, costs would've been over $77,000. Medicaid provides transportation for the disabled, the military should as well. What wounded warrior program???

Doesn't surprise me a bit.

All I can say is check out the AFW2 program at http://www.woundedwarrior.af.mil/ The phone# is (800) 581-9437. Not saying they can do everything, but maybe they can help. Was the ONLY military orginization that helped me post injury. Problem is no one knows about it and support at my base was severely lacking...to say the least.

Nate

Yes, I contacted them and I was forwarded to Air Force Reserve Command. AFRC could provide no help. I also sent the AF wounded warrior program an email begging for help, and never got a reply. My complaints are working the way up the SecDef chain now.