Air National Guard - MEB Processing, but unit wants me to drill?

Russ35057

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've been looking at this and cannot get a straight answer.

from October 2017 - August 2019 - Conditions: MDD, GAD, and Bi-lateral Joint Fusions in both feet. (unfitting conditions)

Was AGR until 15 October 2018 - Non deployable asset was used as justification of termination of my AGR status.

VA Rated 90% disabled after taken off orders - all UTA's Points only....

Weekender (Traditional as of 16 Oct 2018) Mental Health deteriorating, more health problems, learned my left foot fusion failed.

June 2019 - New ARILO completed.

September 2019 - Unfit for duty by NGB/SG (FL 4 issued 16 September 19 with the completed MEB to AFPC by 14 Jan 2020), PEBLO and VA MSC Contact.

Currently Still trying to get all the new C&P exams accomplished.

Unit wanted me to perform UTA's in December but had to beg and plead to have it moved to Feb 2020 due to financial issues (I live out of state and have to travel on my own dime) while my MEB is being processed.

Is this even legal?

Being in the MEB process doesn't stop a member's military obligations. If you are unable to perform duties, your PCM should complete a form recommending duty limitations to your commander (aka profile). A signed profile (PCM and CC) limits your duty. Financial limitations, like an MEB, do not limit duty.

Thanks @chaplaincharlie. the Question was brought on by I cannot leave my Local area per PEBLO for VA appointments, and my Drilling unit is definitely outside my local area...

I've been looking at this and cannot get a straight answer.

from October 2017 - August 2019 - Conditions: MDD, GAD, and Bi-lateral Joint Fusions in both feet. (unfitting conditions)

Was AGR until 15 October 2018 - Non deployable asset was used as justification of termination of my AGR status.

VA Rated 90% disabled after taken off orders - all UTA's Points only....

Weekender (Traditional as of 16 Oct 2018) Mental Health deteriorating, more health problems, learned my left foot fusion failed.

June 2019 - New ARILO completed.

September 2019 - Unfit for duty by NGB/SG (FL 4 issued 16 September 19 with the completed MEB to AFPC by 14 Jan 2020), PEBLO and VA MSC Contact.

Currently Still trying to get all the new C&P exams accomplished.

Unit wanted me to perform UTA's in December but had to beg and plead to have it moved to Feb 2020 due to financial issues (I live out of state and have to travel on my own dime) while my MEB is being processed.

Is this even legal?
Your commander can waive drilling rights for you while your going through the medical process. Mine waived mine and I did not drill the last 2 years of my military career. Just remember if he/she does allow you to not drill, make sure you either cancel or pay your SGLI out of pocket or you will incur a nice little debt when you finally retire. Mine was $700. Good luck to you

Your commander can waive drilling rights for you while your going through the medical process. Mine waived mine and I did not drill the last 2 years of my military career. Just remember if he/she does allow you to not drill, make sure you either cancel or pay your SGLI out of pocket or you will incur a nice little debt when you finally retire. Mine was $700. Good luck to you
Small caveat. I was Army guard but shouldn't make a difference

Thanks @chaplaincharlie. the Question was brought on by I cannot leave my Local area per PEBLO for VA appointments, and my Drilling unit is definitely outside my local area...
If you are on orders you can be required to stay in the local area. It appears you are not on orders.

To the surprise of no one, Charlie is correct. Unless you are on Title 10 MEDCON orders, you can still be required to drill within the limitations of your AF 469 profile. It would be a dick move by a commander to make you drill if you ask not to, as your condition should make you pretty much worthless to them.

One option could be having your PEBLO e-mail your commander to ask them if you can stay local ask to meet the intent of the IPEB process.

oh no my commander has a hard on for me to be out there.... of course the next time in feb half of her office will be gone and moved on to other endeavors..... she needs the bodies to look good..

I just had the exam for my feet today.... apparently I also have a mental health and hearing..... The saga continues... I just hope this is over before before feb... then she's in trouble...

I'm still alive. Have my Gen Med on wed 9 Jan 20. and the Med Board is due to AFPC on 14 Jan.... this is going to come down to the wire.... and my unit is now going to be undermanned next month and they want me to come out and help... I'm pretty useless....

Commander approved no further reporting until my ETS of 25 April, but I still fear being recalled..

One caveat is that now that you're no longer drilling you will obviously stop accruing points.

I have 18 good years of them so far.... and 15 active duty years. Dont think I need more points and it's not worth going into 1k or more each time on top of my mental health.

10 Feb 2020 - Original MEB submitted Claim Closed..... The anticipation of my DoD Rating.... Pray!!!! New Claim opened that should be completed by june at least, but my ETS is April.... I hope this means the DoD Ratings are done!