2021JUN25- Pre-IDES notification, code 37
2021JUL16- CC impact statement signed & NARSUM is sent to AFPC
2021JUL27-AFPC recommends MEB
2021JUL29- MSC contacted me to get VA claims list
2021AUG03- Case submitted to QTC
2021AUG03- C&P appts scheduled
2021AUG12- First C&P appt
2021AUG19- Last C&P appt

Everything else is TBD at this point, I feel like it all has moved pretty quick. Thoughts?

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Some parts move quicker than others based on a myriad of factors. I agree that your case is moving along relatively quick so far.

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
4 appts total.
Oh ok. I had 7 C&P exams (2 were just x-rays and blood work). 27 claimed conditions. I received an email from AFPC on 3 Aug 2021 basically stating they received my MEB package and it will be reviewed by the IPEB. I can't wait until this process is done.

joyRN84

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
It slowed down for me some after my last appt. They have 30 days from your last exam to submit and mine submitted at 28 days. My last appt was 15 Jun. My package went to IPEB 22 July and I got a myPers message last night that my findings are with my PEBLO so I’m about to be waiting at her door at 0730!

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It slowed down for me some after my last appt. They have 30 days from your last exam to submit and mine submitted at 28 days. My last appt was 15 Jun. My package went to IPEB 22 July and I got a myPers message last night that my findings are with my PEBLO so I’m about to be waiting at her door at 0730!
Congrats! I hope you get the outcome you desire. My last exam was 2 Jul, and my MEB package was sent to IPEB on 2 Aug. VA rater is currently working on my claimed conditions.

Thatguy1998

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
2021JUN25- Pre-IDES notification, code 37
2021JUL16- CC impact statement signed & NARSUM is sent to AFPC
2021JUL27-AFPC recommends MEB
2021JUL29- MSC contacted me to get VA claims list
2021AUG03- Case submitted to QTC
2021AUG03- C&P appts scheduled
2021AUG12- First C&P appt
2021AUG19- Last C&P appt

Everything else is TBD at this point, I feel like it all has moved pretty quick. Thoughts?
Had my first two C&P exams today, MH and General exam. Super easy and harmless

vinovino

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Oh ok. I had 7 C&P exams (2 were just x-rays and blood work). 27 claimed conditions. I received an email from AFPC on 3 Aug 2021 basically stating they received my MEB package and it will be reviewed by the IPEB. I can't wait until this process is done.
Do you mind sharing what you claimed? and your experience?

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My unfitting conditions are Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety, and Insomnia. I'm not trying to post all 27 conditions. My experience with IDES has been stressful but going by a little quicker than expected.

Thatguy1998

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My unfitting conditions are Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety, and Insomnia. I'm not trying to post all 27 conditions. My experience with IDES has been stressful but going by a little quicker than expected.
Do you know what constitues being found unfit by MEB and IPEB? Does it all boil down to whether or not you can do your job? Also when the ammendments are done to the NARSUM, is that the only document they are going off of to find you fit/unfit?

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
There are a lot factors. From my understanding it mainly comes down to if your condition is disqualifying and how it impacts your ability to do your job and deploy.

They don't just look at the NARSUM. They look at the CC's Impact Statement and medical evidence as well.

Thatguy1998

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
There are a lot factors. From my understanding it mainly comes down to if your condition is disqualifying and how it impacts your ability to do your job and deploy.

They don't just look at the NARSUM. They look at the CC's Impact Statement and medical evidence as well
Ah I see. Yea just been anxious about it lately. It’s hard to see them keeping me seeing I’m in a SW position. Guess we will see how it goes

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ah I see. Yea just been anxious about it lately. It’s hard to see them keeping me seeing I’m in a SW position. Guess we will see how it goes
I definitely know the feeling of being anxious. My claim on VA.gov is showing as closed on last Thursday. I anticipate hearing the IPEB decision sometime this week. If you Google "Medical Standards Directory" pdf should be the first choice that populates. The Air Force using that directory to determine retention.

Last edited: