Almost 3yrs now waiting on the PDBR. Help

Shannon693

Registered Member
So here it is. My husband is medically discharged from the Marine Corp since 2007. In Feb 2017 we got a letter ftom the PDBR about a relook. We filled it out and figured we wait. March of 2019 he received and email saying a decision was made and we would receive our answer by mail. We thought maybe a few weeks or a month. No today is August 5th and still nothing. We have called every number we can find but no one answers and all mail boxes full. He tried to email again ( which Im sure is a robo answer) because its the same response everytime. If someone could tell us what to do please.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The actual decision will be made by the Navy/USMC...the PDBR makes a recommendation.

The decision by the service concerned often takes months; a friend waited seven months for an Army decision.

Unfortunately, I do not have a number you can call.

Ron

Lewise1981

Registered Member
I am in the same boat. I received an email from the Air Force in March saying
Your case was recently closed as the Navy recently adjudicated your case. Please forward your mailing address and we will forward it to them.
I have yet to hear anything via email or actual mail. Does anyone have any idea of an actual timeline? this December will be 3 years in the process for me.

visserjr3

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am in the same boat. I received an email from the Air Force in March saying
Your case was recently closed as the Navy recently adjudicated your case. Please forward your mailing address and we will forward it to them.
I have yet to hear anything via email or actual mail. Does anyone have any idea of an actual timeline? this December will be 3 years in the process for me.
The PDBR Adjudication (done by Air Force) results in a recommendation that is sent to the Navy, the Navy then ultimately decides (The Secretary of the Navy). Once the Navy has the recommendation from the PDBR (Air Force) it take approximately 60 days to get your letter in the mail. It sounds like all of that has been done, and they are seeking an address to mail your letter to. If you are waiting on the Navy, I would email Ann jones above, and she should be able to help you. Best of luck.

Favor2018

Registered Member
Does anyone know who to contact for the Army? My claim started in February 2017. Good luck to you all, this is a frustrating process.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Does anyone know who to contact for the Army? My claim started in February 2017. Good luck to you all, this is a frustrating process.
Related information:

Army Appeals LINK <---

• I want to know the status of my application.

The Board reviews applications in the order in which they are received. Due to the number of applications already on hand and the complexity of many of the cases, it may be as long as 12 months or more before you receive notification of the decision on your request. Be assured that the Board will consider your application as soon as possible and will notify you by mail as soon as a decision is made. Please notify us if your mailing address changes during this time.

If you want to confirm that your application was received and is in process, and you did not receive an acknowledgement letter to that effect, you may email us at [email protected] to confirm that your application was received.

If it has been more than 18 months since you applied and you have not received a letter telling you the board's decision, you may email us at [email protected] to ask for a mailed copy of the board's decision on your application.
----
Full disclosure: I have not had experience with the PDBR.

Good luck,

Ron

visserjr3

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
See qoute
You should contact ARBA 703-545-6900. I was told in March 2016 by the PDBR that my case was adjudicated and sent to the Army. I got in touch with ARBA last week and they said my case was complete and a package was sent to me in January 2016! They sent it to an old address, so now that I've updated the address they have re-sent the package.
from another post from years ago. Not sure if that number still good.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">