WestCoastSailor2790

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey everyone, been following the forum for a little while and I understand how frustrating and awful the entire MEB/PEB process is. I just created an account for the sole purpose of listing my entire timeline, in hopes that it will help someone. Please feel free to ask any questions. The first few dates are estimated since they were so long ago. Here goes:

Injured: November 2013

Surgery: October 2014

1st LIMDU: August 2015 to February 2016

2nd LIMDU and referral to PEB: June 2016 to November 2016

VA appointments completed: July 2016

VA ratings came back January 2017,

VA 100%, DOD Not rated(existed prior to service)

Declined, and requested Formal Board

PEBLO called me in 1 March 2017 to sign FPEB notification and was assigned board date of 14 June 2017

Got assigned JAG Lawyer 18 May 2017

Board was 14 June, board changed DOD rating to match VA rating of 100%, TDRL Non mental health

Requested retirement date of 30 September 2017, currently waiting on retirement orders to come through.

Like I said before, the whole process is extremely frustrating as there is no real tracker that you can use. I’m west coast Navy, by the way. Hopefully I didn’t forget anything in the timeline, but if I did, please let me know and I can find the date of it. Hope this helps at least one person.

Hey everyone, been following the forum for a little while and I understand how frustrating and awful the entire MEB/PEB process is. I just created an account for the sole purpose of listing my entire timeline, in hopes that it will help someone. Please feel free to ask any questions. The first few dates are estimated since they were so long ago. Here goes:

Injured: November 2013

Surgery: October 2014

1st LIMDU: August 2015 to February 2016

2nd LIMDU and referral to PEB: June 2016 to November 2016

VA appointments completed: July 2016

VA ratings came back January 2017,

VA 100%, DOD Not rated(existed prior to service)

Declined, and requested Formal Board

PEBLO called me in 1 March 2017 to sign FPEB notification and was assigned board date of 14 June 2017

Got assigned JAG Lawyer 18 May 2017

Board was 14 June, board changed DOD rating to match VA rating of 100%, TDRL Non mental health

Requested retirement date of 30 September 2017, currently waiting on retirement orders to come through.

Like I said before, the whole process is extremely frustrating as there is no real tracker that you can use. I’m west coast Navy, by the way. Hopefully I didn’t forget anything in the timeline, but if I did, please let me know and I can find the date of it. Hope this helps at least one person.

So you had to do a formal board? You just showed up and the lawyer presented VA findings and the board just adjusted accordingly? Man that sounds so NAVY. I'm also west coast NAVY.

So you had to do a formal board? You just showed up and the lawyer presented VA findings and the board just adjusted accordingly? Man that sounds so NAVY. I'm also west coast NAVY.

I didn't have to, but I opted to. And I did the hearing over the phone. Lawyer presented all my stuff, and the new board found the original board had screwed up and re-rated me.

I didn't have to, but I opted to. And I did the hearing over the phone. Lawyer presented all my stuff, and the new board found the original board had screwed up and re-rated me.
That's cool they let you do it over the phone