Am I Eligible for CRSC?

Living4Fam

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
100% P&T (VA) / 50% (DoD Army) / PDRL

Just wondering if I'm eligible for CRSC or not. Thanks in advance!

The following was pulled straight from my Retirement Orders:

Disability is based on injury or disease received in LOD as a direct result of Armed Conflict or caused by an instrumentality of war and incurred in the LOD during a war period as defined by law: NO

Member of an armed force on 24 Sep 75: NO

Disability resulted from a combat related injury as defined in 26 USC 104: YES

Retirement is due to a disability incurred in the line of duty in a combat zone or as a result of performing combat related operations (as implemented by Section 020303b, DoD 7000.14-5, vol. 7a) YES

100% P&T (VA) / 50% (DoD Army) / PDRL

Just wondering if I'm eligible for CRSC or not. Thanks in advance!

The following was pulled straight from my Retirement Orders:

Disability is based on injury or disease received in LOD as a direct result of Armed Conflict or caused by an instrumentality of war and incurred in the LOD during a war period as defined by law: NO

Member of an armed force on 24 Sep 75: NO

Disability resulted from a combat related injury as defined in 26 USC 104: YES

Retirement is due to a disability incurred in the line of duty in a combat zone or as a result of performing combat related operations (as implemented by Section 020303b, DoD 7000.14-5, vol. 7a) YES
Hello @Living4Fam ,

You are eligible to apply for CRSC. The determination will be made by your service's CRSC board.

Here is a collection of CRSC material which outlines the requirements for CRSC and the documents that are necessary to support an application.
A Supplement to CRSC Information <---LINK Note: Several important links are within the document.

Many retirees who did not process through a medical board receive CRSC. I happen to be one of them. I've included that remark since I have long "thought" that the VA compensation award letter (received in the mail) is one of the most important documents to support CRSC entitlement.

Finally, the retirement orders do not discuss the VA award and the 100% VA rating. The info provided addresses what pertains to your disabilities that caused you to be unfit for continued service (i.e. the 50% rating).

I do not feel I am qualified to predict whether one will be approved for CRSC (except for presumptively caused by exposure to Agent Orange cases) even though I have worked with CRSC issues (finance related) for more than ten years.

Good luck,
Ron

Last edited: