Am I wasting my time with this job offer???

Charles Maine

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
So I have been waiting on my package to come back from the VA since they got it on 7 Jan 12. I have an amazing job possibility that will start on 28 April. I am spending about $1000 to fly across country for an interview this weekend. I really hope that I am not getting my hopes up. Should I call the VA? I have seen a 1-800 number on here. I call the PEBLO office every week. I just keep getting the same answer..."It's with the VA." I have gone on the ebenefits website and it says "Pending Decision Approval".

Any thoughts????

Hard to say for sure, but given the timeline you stated, I would suspect you should have an answer in the next few weeks. The question that remains is whether you will want to accept the findings and/or even if you do, will your orders come through in enough time to be able to start by the end of April. Seems plausible that you could make this work, but then again, I would not say it is a sure thing.

Thanks Jason...I am pretty sure that I am going to accept. I mean unless they are ridiculous of course. I mean I was 1 year from getting out when all this happened. So even if I just get a severance check I will take it and run. I just really wanna get into this job. Going to keep my fingers crossed.

So I have been waiting on my package to come back from the VA since they got it on 7 Jan 12. I have an amazing job possibility that will start on 28 April. I am spending about $1000 to fly across country for an interview this weekend. I really hope that I am not getting my hopes up. Should I call the VA? I have seen a 1-800 number on here. I call the PEBLO office every week. I just keep getting the same answer..."It's with the VA." I have gone on the ebenefits website and it says "Pending Decision Approval".

Any thoughts????

I think your not allowed to leave the local area without permission while in MEB status.

im sure he was "given the ok" to leave the area....right..... anywho back to your question i think another variable would be what branch of service you are in. im navy and was given my results 17JAN12 and i am out as of 16Feb12. this was not an easy thing to do i stepped on some toes and pissed some people off but if 30 days wasnt an option i would not have picked it! i am also selling back all my leave. i have heard of other branches giving a separation date that is months down the road. so back to my original statement it depends on the branch

im sure he was "given the ok" to leave the area....right..... anywho back to your question i think another variable would be what branch of service you are in. im navy and was given my results 17JAN12 and i am out as of 16Feb12. this was not an easy thing to do i stepped on some toes and pissed some people off but if 30 days wasnt an option i would not have picked it! i am also selling back all my leave. i have heard of other branches giving a separation date that is months down the road. so back to my original statement it depends on the branch

I am in the Navy also!! Oh my God I hope that I follow right in line with you. How did you get your orders that fast? I am reading all these horror stories about waiting for orders once you sign you findings. I was told a while ago by my PEBLO that I should have my findings by Mar 1st. I just have to be here for the job which starts 23 April.

The more items you had on the VA claim the more time it will take for them to rate it. each item is rated by a different doc. i had 3 or 4 issues but all the same shoulder so that helped me get mine back from the va fast. i signed it the day it was received by the peblo. when i signed i chose 30 days which she tried to talk me out of but i stuck to it as it IS an option! i sold back all my leave and it was a done deal. i did keep the 10 days job hunting so i leave the area on the 16th and am "out" the 26th. i kept asking my local psd if they had it at the 2 week mark, they kept saying no and had no sense of urgency so i called bupers and waited on hold for seriously 2 hours for them to figure out who so be writing up my message. i had the direct line to the lady who writes the message and she was very nice and understood my story. she then the day med board sent her my stuff wrote it up and it was sent to my psd the next day. psd KNEW i was in a hurry so the morning they seen it my orders were wrote by 1000 that day. then i finished my check out and the rest is history as they say. i did my separation physical before getting my orders so that helped. housing gave me grief about needing packed up in a week and said they CAN'T do it and im a FLIGHT ENGINEER so "CAN'T" IS NOT in my vocabulary so after a couple phone calls and toes stepped on the NEXT business day i had people at my house packing boxes!!! looking back at my whole process all 9 planets and their moons were in a straight line for this to happen, i started med board 25SEP11 and i separate 26FEB12. the bad news for you is i tossed the number to the lady at bupers...sorry man

P3FE I am loathing you right now... Congrats on a 6 month MEB/PEB anyways! Working on 8th month now...

i really meant it when i say the planets and moon's lined up for me....under 5 months for me really im "done" the 16th then enjoying free leave lol

Well just got a job offer today!! Everything is working out perfect, oh wait EXCEPT FOR THE NAVY/VA!!! I still have heard nothing. When I called my PEBLO last week he said that I probably wont hear anything until next month. COME ON!! Like I said above the VA got my stuff on 7 JAN and it has been PENDING FINAL DECISION for over a month now. I have be out/on term leave in time to start this job April 23rd. Can I/Should I call the VA and make sure they are not missing/waiting on anything? I just want this done and over and out of the Navy ASAP!!

I posted on the other thread, but I'll post again :) Call the VA and ask them if they sent off their proposed ratings back to the PEB. If they did, ask them when. I think they are eastern time so call in the morning... better chance of getting through. Good luck

Dear Charles:

Many of the VA locations are backed up with so much work from the military IDES system, they are really behind. Seattle office, for example, took several months for mine to come back. I was found unfit by the MEB back in last June, but didn't get my VA results until last SEP!

My retired friend, who was in the old system - well, it took 14 months to get VA ratings back. Under the old system, you had to wait until reitred to do the VA part - under IDES, you don't.

So while the IDES process may be cutting the time in half or better, it's still not as fast as some would prefer. My retired friend has a VA "hard" rating, while IDES Sms get "proposed" VA ratings.

Here in the Pacific Northwest, this is as good as it gets these days.

v/r,
nwlivewire

The results are in!!! SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!! I do have some questions though. I will post more tomorrow and hope to get some answers. If you are in the Navy call that number for the Med Board. She was SOOOO nice and gave me all my info. Called PEBLO and everything was done!!