ANG dual status tech workers comp claim.

JATO

Registered Member
First off thanks to all who contribute here this site has been very helpful so far!

Q: I'm a dual status technician that was injured jan 2013 and have been on light duty since that also extends until Apr 2014. I filed a workers comp accident report and so far that process has been handled accordingly. My question is since my podiatrist has informed our clinic that participating in the annual PT test will be out of the question indefinitely, how does the DES program work in conjunction with federal workers comp? I understand the 60/40 rule for dual status members and have a decent understanding of how workers comp handles partial disability, but not sure which agency officially "owns" my case since I was injured in civilian status, leading to being unfit for the military and therefore losing both jobs.

Who should I be talking to first? Additionally my clinic has mentioned that since workers comp is involved that changes everything and that they don't communicate with them.

JATO

Registered Member
Sorry guys if I posted this in the wrong section. I wasn't sure where it belonged since it encompasses dual status, worker comp and the DES program. My state rep for opm is clueless at best.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">