ANG Incap

cabletech

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Air Nation Guard here.

I recently applied for incap pay with my wing. I filled out all the paperwork and was told it would be processed immediately. I didn't hear anything after a month, so I emailed finance to see what was happening. I was told that I need to fill out a form stating how much income I had lost as a result of incapacitation. I have been unemployed since I enlisted mainly because I have been on orders for most of my enlistment. There was another form that I filled out with my incap packet where unemployed was one of the options to check off. I was under the impression that incap could be paid if I was unfit for duty. My 469 states not fit for worldwide duty, no pcs, no deploy, no mobility assignment. Box 37 checked off. Duty restriction, mobility restriction boxes checked off. How do I let finance know that the lost income form doesn't apply to me without creating a situation that involves them screwing me over?

Thank you.

If you have a military physician's statement saying you cannot perform your normal military duties, you will receive you're full military pay and allowances LESS any earned income. Tell your unit administrator that you are applying for full military pay and allowances based on your inability to perform normal military duties and sign an affidavit saying you have been unemployed.

Call the IG. Regs state INCAP cannot be held up for admin reasons or errors..unit of your fault. IG will have to investigate.

If you have a military physician's statement saying you cannot perform your normal military duties, you will receive you're full military pay and allowances LESS any earned income. Tell your unit administrator that you are applying for full military pay and allowances based on your inability to perform normal military duties and sign an affidavit saying you have been unemployed.

Ed,
I hate to be confrontational on this, but I have NEVER seen the term "normal military duties" in the regs. you are "fit for military duty" or you are not. When you use terms like "normal", you leave too much room for arbitrary/inconsistent decisions. The decision should be an OBJECTIVE one, not a SUBJECTIVE one.

Seems like they've dropped the "normal" from the phrase. It used to read normal military duties.

Army Regulation135-381 uses the term perform military duties as the standard throughout the regulation. For example:

Chapter 2

Incapacitation Claim Procedures
2–1. Claim initiation

a.
When a Soldier has incurred or aggravated an injury, illness, or disease during active duty (AD) or inactive duty

(IDT) that renders the Soldier unable to perform military duties and/or demonstrates a loss in nonmilitary earned

income, he/she is responsible for initiating an incapacitation pay claim. The incapacitated Soldier will—