Another Resource "mobility" Challenged Veterans- "Warrior Cane Project" - GM Shuey

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
All- thought I would post here as in other post's about SHARE Program in Atlanta Georgia, whom also recommended this too! "Warrior Cane Project" by Grand Master Shuey of Cane Master's at http://www.canemasters.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=5&zenid=fa379ef7f74b2070b38aad28bf478eee or phone 1-800-422-2263!

Know those whom have spoken with GM Shuey, and he placed them on right track to "improve" balance issues more so than the US DVA, ever in fact did, even though the US DVA is the one that messed their "balance" up to begin with in more than just the "physical!" This veteran was also sup[posed to "attend" a three day seminar and could not "due" to teeth issues, believe it or not, that should have been "addressed" by both US Military and the US DVA- long ago! Furthermore, this veteran tried to get a local seminar in Gulf Coast VA System/VISN-16 set up through the Gulf Coast VA OEF/OIF Chief all to no avail! (see https://www.biloxi.va.gov/services/returning/index.asp )

Anyway, thought might "assist" other mobility challenged veterans if posted here.

For those interested in "nostalgia" (by gone era of "peace" Enforcement)I would recommend as well"The PR-24 Police Baton: A Training Manual for Law Enforcement Officers"- Paperback – 1984 by Richard R. Starrett (Author) at Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/PR-24-Police...00KBJXTI/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

This, veteran has "tried" to do things GM shuey recommended both in "conversation" and his books and "noticed" some improvement and oddly, a lot of what- per them- civilan "physical threapist's recommend as well....! Basically puts the US DVA to shame in all regards!

It is funny, that "civilians" can in fact go "bankrupt" or have "financial difficulties and are simply not "punished" as "veterans" are by having a whole bunch of their "Constitutional" Rights removed.....oh well that is for other's to write their local "law-makers" about if so desire.......

ALL: Hope this greatly assist's some "mobility" challenged veterans out there as not only improving "balance" gives back sense of "self-confidence" and "self-reliance" something the uS DVA does not in fact "promote" at all.... (as recently elected disabled veteran Congressman from SE Florida states "we must own our problems")

Kind of like "singer-songwriter" Taylor Swift song "Shake It Off" courtesy YouTube video "Taylor Swift - Shake It Off" at YouTube website:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

PS: Perhaps other may have better luck with the OEF/OIF/Transition Management Office in their area's trying to "establish" some activity such as this or other's that some veterans organizations like Wounded Warrior Project do: Cooking Classes w. Publix, Horse-back Adventures, etc....??????? The US DVA OEF/OIF Program Office Locator for the United States of America is at website: https://www.oefoif.va.gov/map.asp

Let's all hope it is not as the band "Public Enemy" sings courtesy YouTube video "Public Enemy - 911 is a Joke (1990)" at YouTube website:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPNK0VspQ0M

Last edited:
t is funny, that "civilians" can in fact go "bankrupt" or have "financial difficulties and are simply not "punished" as "veterans" are by having a whole bunch of their "Constitutional" Rights removed.....oh well that is for other's to write their local "law-makers" about if so desire.......

ALL: Hope this greatly assist's some "mobility" challenged veterans out there as not only improving "balance" gives back sense of "self-confidence" and "self-reliance" something the uS DVA does not in fact "promote" at all.... (as recently elected disabled veteran Congressman from SE Florida states "we must own our problems")

Let's all hope it is not as the band "Public Enemy" sings courtesy YouTube video "Public Enemy - 911 is a Joke (1990)" at YouTube website:

ALL- at local park this morning in Baldwin County Alabama, spoke with a Vietnam Veteran, Park Gate Guard! I gave him print-out of "Vietnam Unit Histories" from another post and we discussed the fact that in Vietnam allowed utilize CS Gas and other things we- to my knowledge- not allowed to utilize in Iraq... at least during my time there!!! Furthermore, he complained that had to "basically" be crowd control themselves as local Police, used to patrol this entire area on foot, bicycle, and Seguay all hours of day and night and really cut down on unwanted "issues' and local's- like him- having to take matter's into own hands..... guess now simply too hard a task "local" law enforcement or might actually "break" a sweat in "summer" heat or get a little "cold" in our really "horrendous" winters down here as opposed nice "cushy" air-conditioned/ heated vehicles....?????

Also, discussed ROE and fact that in Iraq, had I or anyone on my team, simply shot an Iraqi whom was "naked" and had n fire-arm or other weapon, we would have simply been before a "court-martial" immediately, even in that very "hostile" and "convoluted" environment. Not like a "student" from Wetumpka Alabama, at the University of South Alabama, who was shot and killed for being "durnk, naked, no weapon, and disorderly" and law-enforcement absolved of all wrong doing.... see "University of South Alabama student fatally shot by officer was seeking help, lawsuit says" by By Brendan Kirby at website: https://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/07/university_of_south_alabama_st.html

Furthermore, it appears in Baldwin County, that simple "cigarettes" ring-up differently at different stores, and is mystery to all "cashiers" folks spoken with. Is this not the purvue of the local Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearm's (ATF) authorities.....?????

Additionally, Hoover Alabama, has a US Secret Service Computer Forensics Training Center, for both Federal and Local Law Enforcement, to help fight "counterfeiting!" With such a large Secret Service, etc....presence in State of Alabama why, is in fact "counterfeiting" (IAW numerous, and countless media reports of all sorts) such a constant issue in Baldwin County, Alabama and Alabama in General??? See
"How the Secret Service are Helping Fight Crime in Hoover, Alabama" by Chris Simmons at website: https://yellowhammernews.com/how-th...lping-fight-crime-in-hoover-alabama-csimmons/

For Vietnam Veterans out there suggest you see PEBForum Post:"Resource Vietnam Vet's -"The US Army in Vietnam" -"The Bud Harton Collection at the Texas Tech Virtual Vietnam Archive"-Perhaps????" at web-address: http://pebforum.com/threads/resourc...s-tech-virtual-vietnam-archive-perhaps.44432/

(Well, this author, when tried correct young kid- local park- for pulling in rapidly behind him and almost destroying their car was "greeted" when simply asked "what is your hurry" with nothing but a "string" of profanity, and this kid "claimed" had "worked for everything ever gotten in life"..... so goes another day in the Heart of the "Bible Belt!")

Hope this helps someone out there, and guess it is as "Public Enemy" sings "911-Is A Joke," in above post, and oddly 911-originated in Alabama.... or is it:

"Public Enemy - Can't Do Nuttin' For Ya Man" courtesy YouTube video at YouTube website:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBlMrGgpwXE

PS: This veteran, and author this post, has been given the "legal" advice by several local attorney's "TO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT" and as turns out "BEST LEGAL ADVICE" they were ever given....

Also, hope some out there in fact contact Grand Master Shuey (that includes Vietnam Era, etc.. Vets) or at least look into his and/ or similar programs.... or attempt to get US DVA to "PONEY-UP" and offer similar.... as say Wounded Warrior Program, SHARE Atlanta GA, etc...

Last edited:
PS: This veteran, and author this post, has been given the "legal" advice by several local attorney's "TO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT" and as turns out "BEST LEGAL ADVICE" they were ever given....

Also, hope some out there in fact contact Grand Master Shuey (that includes Vietnam Era, etc.. Vets) or at least look into his and/ or similar programs.... or attempt to get US DVA to "PONEY-UP" and offer similar.... as say Wounded Warrior Program, SHARE Atlanta GA, etc...

Also, discussed ROE and fact that in Iraq, had I or anyone on my team, simply shot an Iraqi whom was "naked" and had n fire-arm or other weapon, we would have simply been before a "court-martial" immediately, even in that very "hostile" and "convoluted" environment. Not like a "student" from Wetumpka Alabama, at the University of South Alabama, who was shot and killed for being "durnk, naked, no weapon, and disorderly" and law-enforcement absolved of all wrong doing.... see "University of South Alabama student fatally shot by officer was seeking help, lawsuit says" by By Brendan Kirby at website: https://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/07/university_of_south_alabama_st.html

ALL- sadly must relay a very tragic but true story- along these lines! Before, I was "involuntarily-volunteered" to be a Military Transition Team Leader in one of "hottest" areas in Iraq, had a very young Infantry Lieutenant- right out of Ranger School and still eating everything in sight- in another unit who if told do anything was the embodyment of "Message To Garcia!" His biggest fear, like many in military, was simply fear of failure! He was "reassigned," as should have been too an Infantry Rifle Platoon, and as any young Lieutenant, nervous, at his first "platoon-level" command. He asked my advice, and I simply told him,"to listen" to his Platoon Sergeant and NCO's, if they were in fact good one's. He asked, me, how he would know if they were in fact "good-one's" and I, being more than exceedingly busy at time told him simply "that in time he would know!"

I now simply very much "regret" not taking more time to explain this further, as and I forget the "gory" details of situation, but on a mission that apparently got "hot" his NCO's decided to place a "drop" weapon on a Iraqi cililian they supposedly "accidentally" shot dead! I guess the young LT was "tormented by this situation" and eventually reported it to higher, who had no choice but to report it further up the food-chain to 101st ABN DIV! Sadly, the decision was made to make an "example" of this young LT despite best efforts BN CDR to "spare" him!

Now, not knowing all the details, all I can in fact say- is his PLT SGT, and Squad Leader's, at that point in time, had both much more time in US Army as well, as had probably done, in individual cases, a tour or two already in Iraq or Afghanistan- so perhaps my "limited" advice on this situation cost this young gentlemen both his career and to some degree his reputation- there after! The US Military, if nothing else, is a team and or/ wholly symbiotic- organism. If one part fails the whole "machine" fails. I do not know, whether any of his NCO's were held accountable or not, but I am most certain, in my mind this young LT, simply followed my somewhat "wrong"or less than adequate advice!

But, the lesson here is that if the US Military in Combat is held to these "high" standards then why are not all our "officer's" of the Peace at the Local/State and Federal level?

A question, I guess, only other's "on-high" can possibly answer?

Finally, I have met countless "Vietnam Era" veterans' whom think due to such things as OEF/OIF Office at US DVA, we the younger generation have it easier! Perhaps, in some ways they are in fact correct? So as "time" takes it's toll on these and other per-Vietnam Era Veteran populations, why then does not the US DVA, etc... set-something similar up for them as well? Just another thing for those, who might read this to "ponder!"

The Vietnam Unit Histories, referenced above were in fact more than "illuminating" especially the "Advisor's" report, because it as if we were "learning" the same lesson's already learned by our "predecessor's all over again! This is why "unit" histories are so important and something of this nature- had it been in the "right" hands might have assisted all those in a lot of cases "volunteered" to work with both Iraqi's and Afghan's, etc...?????

Furthermore, the "argument" raged at "echelon's" above "reality" as what in fact were the MiTT Teams- mini-US Special Forces ODA's or something different. From my own experience "can speak" certantly of the fact my Team was in no way shape nor form a "very" highly trained (both at individual and collective level) a US SF ODA! If we accomplished anything, under my "direction" it was because we "forced" the Iraqi BN we were assigned to do there "jobs" at the BN Command and Staff level!!!!! Did we need limited "ODA" training etc.. to ensure our "survival" yes, but we were nothing akin to a fully trained, manned, equipped US SF ODA- period!

So, I would once gain highly I would "encourage" Vietnam Era veteran's etc.. to contact things like WWP, Grand Master Shuey, and see if not some "inclusion" could in fact be made- as well, and more importantly the US DVA and something akin the OEF/OIF Office!

Hope this "greatly" assist's some other's out there, and give pause to anyone in "position" to influence "young" leaders.....

BEST OF LUCK ALL!

For those interested in "nostalgia" (by gone era of "peace" Enforcement)I would recommend as well"The PR-24 Police Baton: A Training Manual for Law Enforcement Officers"- Paperback – 1984 by Richard R. Starrett (Author) at Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/PR-24-Police...00KBJXTI/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

This, veteran has "tried" to do things GM shuey recommended both in "conversation" and his books and "noticed" some improvement and oddly, a lot of what- per them- civilan "physical threapist's recommend as well....! Basically puts the US DVA to shame in all regards!

ALL: Do not repeat "old" mistakes, so thought in regards above- if interested in "nostalgia" or "training" with above mentioned PR-24 or even TONFA- which based off of- please check Local?State?Federal Laws....!!!! (PLEASE SEE ATTACHED)

Sadly, the ATF website, nor contacting the ATf directly will generate much "enlightenment" as either they do not respond or there website regarding such issue is so "convoluted" the "average" US Citizen cannot make heads nor tails out of them! (See: ATF Regulations at website: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations )

Furthermore the "reporter" of :

"University of South Alabama student fatally shot by officer was seeking help, lawsuit says" by By Brendan Kirby at website: https://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/07/university_of_south_alabama_st.html

In fact reported on "local" veteran I know, and somehow had "access" to medical information the "veteran" in question never signed a "release" for him nor anyone else supposedly to their memory! Furthermore, this "reporter" NEVER DEEMED IT IMPORTANT enough to speak with said veteran- "themselves" yet claimed all sorts of stuff said "veteran" has supposedly ongoing US DVA OIG Investigation into- perhaps_ as veteran was never "notified" as US DVA stated would be notified when said "investigation" closed! So much for "true" investigative" reporting!!!!?????

Anyway- I hope this post assist's ALL Veterans out there as "one" generation of "soldiers" and "veteran's" builds upon both the success and "disappointment's" of the last- hopefully for the betterment of everyone (or at least try-perhaps))!!!! [KIND OF LIKE AN "AAR_ AFTER ACTION REPORT" utilized to spawn "improvement" and if memory serves right "originated" by German Wehrmacht during WWI-WWII(?) and adopted by US Military]

It is kind of like teach in "defense" in "football" and "ice-hockey" watch the hips of the runner/ puck-handler as will tell "truth" of which way moving, etc... kind of like "singer and song-writer" "Shakira," who came from most "humblest" of origins to dominate both "latin-and English" charts, sings in song "Hips Don't Lie" courtsey YouTube video
"Shakira - Hips Don't Lie ft. Wyclef Jean" at YouTube website:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUT5rEU6pqM

(Funny things remember from "songs-TV-sounds-book's etc.." another "Shakira" song/video was big at US Army "Phoenix Academy" for "in-country" MiTT Team TN-Equipping in Tirkrit Iraq and all the Iraqi's were simply "entranced" when came on the TV n the mess hall- had "Shakria" dancing in oil(?)! Furthermore, "hips-don't" lie came out right as assigned NATO!!!"- pretty bizarre! On that note the Iraqi's loved watch Iranian "music-video's" and believe it or not huge into- how shall we say- X-rated material as well as Alcohol- supposedly had several bars right outside FOB on!!!)

Attachments

• Monadnock White Foam PR-24- STS Style Training Baton.pdf
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
In fact reported on "local" veteran I know, and somehow had "access" to medical information the "veteran" in question never signed a "release" for him nor anyone else supposedly to their memory! Furthermore, this "reporter" NEVER DEEMED IT IMPORTANT enough to speak with said veteran- "themselves" yet claimed all sorts of stuff said "veteran" has supposedly ongoing US DVA OIG Investigation into- perhaps_ as veteran was never "notified" as US DVA stated would be notified when said "investigation" closed! So much for "true" investigative" reporting!!!!?????

ALL: hope I am in "accord" with this site's founder's new terms of utilization- if not hopefully would be "informed" and would encourage other's to read what they have posted as very enlightening and why in "most" cases one should not-lack of better word- "play" attorney themselves- just as should not "play" doctor!!!

Anyway, since have talked about "law-enforcement" thought Post The Below- from "cops Direct" as know most "veterans' more than support US Law Enforcement- and quite a few are themselves!

Hope this assist's some folk's and if in violation of any "policy" this forum- hopefully would be "informed" by the site management or any other member- Super Moderator!

Attachments

• Solication Letter COPS Direct_ Protecting Those Who Protect Us- 22 MAY 2018.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 1
Anyway, since have talked about "law-enforcement" thought Post The Below- from "cops Direct" as know most "veterans' more than support US Law Enforcement- and quite a few are themselves!

Hope this assist's some folk's and if in violation of any "policy" this forum- hopefully would be "informed" by the site management or any other member- Super Moderator!

Forgot to add- is not "The Pursuit of Life, Liberty, and Happiness" in accordance with the Founding Father's of the United States's as well as the "right" of all living organism's to "self-defense" when required or "standing-up" for ones self, family and property, beliefs, etc...but but should not be necessary if properly "moderated" by such things as "Officer's of The Peace!"

Once again: Hope this assist's some folk's and if in violation of any "policy" this forum- hopefully would be "informed" by the site management or any other member- Super Moderator!

After all as is it not as Super-Star- "Aretha Franklin" sings all about "RESPECT" which is a "two-way street" at You Tube video website "Aretha Franklin - Respect" at web-address:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kDGi8gYS18