Any advice before sending off PDBR form...

usmcmondogecko

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi I was in active in the USMC. I got medical discharge with 10% from the Marines via a Physical Evaluation Board in 2005. I never knew about this PDBR. I got the letter in the mail saying I can fight this. I am new to this. I am 60% disabled from the VA compensation. I had 3 pneumonia's while in service before them forcing me out. I am wondering if there is anything I need to include in the application that could help alot. Do I need to submit my VA documents with this form since they will get my records via the "release of medical information form" that I will include with the form?

I really need 30% from this PDBR. My conditions just keep getting worse over time. Is this something I should hire a lawyer to help? I am with the DAV and its impossible to get any help from them.

Fellow Veterans, please if you have any advice i would greatly appreciate it. Like if something you did helped you or whatever. I am so glad that there is a Forum like this to help the Veterans that feel like they got screwed by the green weenie. My ratings for disability via the VA compensation are listed below.

1. Bilateral Tinnitus: 10%
2. Asthma: 30%
3. Bronciectasis: 10%
4. Rt Ankle: 10%
5. Allergic Rhinitis: 10%
60% combined disabled.

Will things like Personal letters, past medical documents, a lawyer or anything else? BTW im in Arizona if helps

Again Thank you for your time! Feel free to msg me or email me at [email protected] - Thankyou!

Hi I was in active in the USMC. I got medical discharge with 10% from the Marines via a Physical Evaluation Board in 2005. I never knew about this PDBR. I got the letter in the mail saying I can fight this. I am new to this. I am 60% disabled from the VA compensation. I had 3 pneumonia's while in service before them forcing me out. I am wondering if there is anything I need to include in the application that could help alot. Do I need to submit my VA documents with this form since they will get my records via the "release of medical information form" that I will include with the form?

I really need 30% from this PDBR. My conditions just keep getting worse over time. Is this something I should hire a lawyer to help? I am with the DAV and its impossible to get any help from them.

Fellow Veterans, please if you have any advice i would greatly appreciate it. Like if something you did helped you or whatever. I am so glad that there is a Forum like this to help the Veterans that feel like they got screwed by the green weenie. My ratings for disability via the VA compensation are listed below.

1. Bilateral Tinnitus: 10%
2. Asthma: 30%
3. Bronciectasis: 10%
4. Rt Ankle: 10%
5. Allergic Rhinitis: 10%
60% combined disabled.

Will things like Personal letters, past medical documents, a lawyer or anything else? BTW im in Arizona if helps

Again Thank you for your time! Feel free to msg me or email me at [email protected] - Thankyou!

First and foremost, thank you for your service. I am by no means an expert on the PDBR, and a lot of the process is very subjective in nature. I personally did not use a lawyer, nor did I send in copes of my medical paperwork from the VA. Both of which may be mistakes in my case. I simply put too much faith in the process. Requesting they review all conditions is significant, but I would also recommend listing the conditions, like every single one from your medical record. I could be wrong, but the more they have to review, they may find something. There is a huge amount of info on here, and a great number of very helpful people. I do know several people have used and recommend at least two legal groups. I do not know either one, but I do know I see people essentially say "Thanks Jason" a lot.

http://www.nvlsp.org/what-we-do/lawyers-serving-warriors

and

http://peblawyer.com/attorney_profile.html

Both are talked of very highly on this forum, and I believe Mr. Perry (from link #2) played a significant part in establishing this forum, or founded it. This forum contains a tremendous amount of useful information. If anything, it is a place where we can help one another, and encourage one another. I believe hiring a lawyer doesn't guarantee the outcome, it does however guarantee that your case will be presented to the PDBR far better than we alone could do. In hindsight, I wish I had. I believe the fees are extremely reasonable. It all comes down to a personal choice.

What I do know, is when you send the DD294, it is a long process. I sent my first one in August of last year, then convinced myself to forget about it. Well, I inquired about it this May, and they never received it. The PDBR was kind enough to send me another form, which I promptly sent, and now I am awaiting to receive confirmation. That all being said, there is a discussion thread regarding sending it certified mail. If I had it all to do again, I would do that. I read it after I sent the second one in. I am sure others will chime in with some very useful tips in the coming days. Hang in there.

Respectfully,
John

hey so i put in a form for one of your suggestions above for assistance. I actually had 30% from VA rating initially. It says on that site that they offer free assistance for veterans that originally got 30%+ from VA and less than 30% on PDBR. Thank you sooo much. This may help me. We shall see. I hope. My family needs this. @visserjr3

I'm not sure what request you are asking if I won. The hard part comes next. The waiting. From reading on this forum it looks like some of the legal reviews take months to gather all documents before anything is submitted to the PDBR. So if the PDBR is two years, add some time to that for the legal team. I'm the mean time, keep your chin up, spend time with those you love, find things to take your mind off of it. As for me, I decided to finally use the GI bill to finish my degree.

well my last VA appeal took 7 years. im used to waiting. :) thats how the US GOVT cares about us. That should be illegal