Any chance after negative advisory?

Vet3050

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I received my advisory opinion and it was negative, with the writer opposing my motion. It is what it is. Does it mean that it's pretty much guaranteed that the BCNR will rule against me?

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hard to say but usually yes are they sticking with the same story to when you got out?

oldfart

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I would not worry about the negative review from the OPR. The Board should review your case and all information you provide in rebuttal to the Advisory opinion. I had 5, yes 5 negative opinions and I countered each one with the facts and even quoted DoDI and AFI showing were the opinion was inconsistent with appropriate regulations. After having been ruled against initially and responding to 5 opinions, I won on appeal. Just make sure your argument is solid, to the point and supported by the regulations. I also did a little something different on the last rebuttal and actually quoted BCMR decisions that were counter to the opinions provided by the advisor.

grunt8914

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I got my decision this morning 6 years of waiting down the drain. They sided with the AO even after my lawyer gave them army regulations the board still went completely against it.

johnbgately

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Touch base with your lawyer, analyze the decision, and decide whether it is worth filing a motion for reconsideration.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">