I am in the Navy 16 years here is my timeline first

Quick Overview
4/2019: Second LIMDU for right hip impingement and surgery
9/2019: Case went to PEB
3/2020: Found UNFIT for back and hip 20% DOD and 70% VA
4/2020: Began process for Formal/VAR was told everything was pushed back
10/2020: Lawyer from DC called needing more ALTHA notes
11/2020: Still same numbers

So during this time My PEBLO was on maternity leave, did not know that after months of trying to find out what was going on. Later on found out my PEBLO was no longer there. I still have not heard back from anyone at NMCP. When my results came back Tuesday VIA Message traffic was told my date of end of January. I am very upset that I have been 16 years and to only get 20 percent. I really appreciate any guidance on what I can do. My Lawyer from DC said to try to get a Doctor to say I have Moderate nerve damage in my leg and hip, I have been trying to get with any of my docs with no luck. I cant believe after 16 years i will not get no benefits. Anything will help me.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Good Morning,

So during this time My PEBLO was on maternity leave, did not know that after months of trying to find out what was going on. Later on found out my PEBLO was no longer there. I still have not heard back from anyone at NMCP. When my results came back Tuesday VIA Message traffic was told my date of end of January. I am very upset that I have been 16 years and to only get 20 percent. I really appreciate any guidance on what I can do. My Lawyer from DC said to try to get a Doctor to say I have Moderate nerve damage in my leg and hip, I have been trying to get with any of my docs with no luck. I cant believe after 16 years i will not get no benefits. Anything will help me.
Hello @Kirwan52 ,

I wish you the best of luck with the process of getting a disability retirement.

As you likely know, a disability retirement would result in TRICARE entitlement and DoD disability retired pay.
The disability retired pay would be the higher of the percentage awarded by the DoD or 2.5% x 16 years active duty = 40%;
times your average high three base pay. The resulting retirement amount is reduced each month by the amount of VA compensation received. Many disability retirees end up with zero retirement pay. Of course, CRSC is a benefit in some cases.

Although not the same as a retirement, you still have:
--Disability Severance Pay
--VA compensation @ 70%
--VA health care

Good luck,
Ron

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed. What does you attorney say?