Any way i can get help with my crsc

kadyr

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I tried different calculators but i cant grasp the concept. I was medically permanent retired at 70 percent PTSD. Va i have 90 percent, 70 ptsd, however, I get this at 100% iu permanent with no exams in the future. Anyone can tell me how much would I get if anything with crsc, or is it just not worth the time applying, all is combat related including dod rating. I should get 1,800 per month from dod, but i called them and they haven't received my VA rating yet, so thats gonna chance im pretty sure. Any help, thank you.

source: Financial Management Regulation, Volume 7b, chapter 63.

a) They pay you at the same rate the VA does for the CRSC injuries. They will raise the 70% to 100% for the IU. So whatever the VA gives you, counting in dependents, etc, is the max CRSC can be.
b) The CRSC cannot exceed the amount your retirement pay is reduced by the VA rating, so if over 20 years of service and disability retirement is 75%, they would use the 75% instead of LOS. I think that's how I read it.
c) The CRSC cannot exceed the amount your retirement pay would have been if retired for length of service if medically retired before 20 years of service.

Most likely your scenario is C. High 3 base pay x years of service * 2.5.

That's my understanding.

. Imdont know whats my high 3 base, is that 1800 from dod, how do i find that. Any help calculating all that. Thx.

. Imdont know whats my high 3 base, is that 1800 from dod, how do i find that. Any help calculating all that. Thx.

How many years and how many months did you do on total active duty service?

5 years and 4 months active. Retired 10 September, 2014. Joined 2005 as a reservist hope that helped. Thank you for your help.

High 3 is the average of your highest base pay over the last 36 months of service. Most retirees fall under that system now. It allows the bump or dip of a promotion or demotion to be evened out. It is adjusted over time for inflation (sorta), so it will be a little higher than what it was at discharge.

http://militarypay.defense.gov/retirement/ad/01_whichsystem.html

If you can remember when you got promotions you could break out historical military pay charts off DFAS and calculate it I suppose. Most just take their last base pay and estimate it off that.

Accountants gotta keep their job somehow, can't make money issues easy.

High 3 is the average of your highest base pay over the last 36 months of service. Most retirees fall under that system now. It allows the bump or dip of a promotion or demotion to be evened out. It is adjusted over time for inflation (sorta), so it will be a little higher than what it was at discharge.

http://militarypay.defense.gov/retirement/ad/01_whichsystem.html

If you can remember when you got promotions you could break out historical military pay charts off DFAS and calculate it I suppose. Most just take their last base pay and estimate it off that.

Accountants gotta keep their job somehow, can't make money issues easy.

Did you get a copy of your RPAS statement from your unit?

Did you get a copy of your RPAS from your state Retirement office?

Are you NG on IDES disability?

Need more info to give you better/accurate data....

I'm sorry, but I can't pull a rabbit out of my hat for you. There are just soooooo many variables...

nwlivewire

No problem, i actually have to say thank you for your help. I did received one, I'll have to look for it. I was reserves and I went through the ides program. I did received a page with amounts when I got my 199, and the points i think thats how they gave me 5.4 years if im not mistaken. If there's no way, it's ok, however, thank you for trying to help me calculate this. I will try to post the point amount of points today later on the day. Thx

No problem, i actually have to say thank you for your help. I did received one, I'll have to look for it. I was reserves and I went through the ides program. I did received a page with amounts when I got my 199, and the points i think thats how they gave me 5.4 years if im not mistaken. If there's no way, it's ok, however, thank you for trying to help me calculate this. I will try to post the point amount of points today later on the day. Thx

No problem....

Here's what I need to know in order to give you more accurate estimates.

What rank did you retire out as?

Were you promoted the day before you got discharged?

What are your total years and total months of service? There should be a column on your RPAS that says "Total Points for Retirement". At the bottom of that "Points For Retirement" column, there is a number that adds all your points up from throughout your career that count towards retirement. That's the number I need.

What is your date of discharge?

Are any of your injuries combat or combat-related as per you Army disability 199 Form (that's the paper you got telling you your Army disability rating and listed all your medical/psych issues). If any of them are designated combat/combat related,then

What is the rating percentage given for each one of those?

What is your total military % rating for disability?

What is your total VA % rating for disability?

Do you have a 20 year NG/Reserve retirement letter?

That's it for now. If I know this much, I can help you figure it out.

(If you have a 20 year NG letter then let me the following. If not, skip the next part.

Do you have ANY Active Duty time on or after 28 JAN 2009? IF SO, then -

Using 01 OCT - thru 30 SEP as a FISCAL YEAR

How many days of active duty time do you have in all years - by the FISCAL YEAR - in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013?)

V/R,
nwlivewire

E-5

No

What are your total years and total months of service?
It says 7 years total, on the ARPC form 249-E, however, when I got my peb they said they credited me with 5 years 4 months total combine active and reserves.

There should be a column on your RPAS that says "Total Points for Retirement". At the bottom of that "Points For Retirement" column, there is a number that adds all your points up from throughout your career that count towards retirement. That's the number I need.

I think I have a diferent colum doesn't look like is much of a diference it says "total points creditable" at the end of the colum the total says 1953. Hopefully this is what you need.

10th September 2014

Are any of your injuries combat or combat-related as per you Army disability 199 Form (that's the paper you got telling you your Army disability rating and listed all your medical/psych issues). If any of them are designated combat/combat related,then

What is the rating percentage given for each one of those? What is your total military % rating for disability?

Its PTSD at 70% permanent retirement list, the only one i have as combat related.

What is your total VA % rating for disability? 70% PTSD, 10% TBI, 50% sleep apnea, 10% tinnitus, and a few 0%. However the combine rating is 90% with iu permanent at 100%.

Couldn't do 20 years, I was fed up.

V/R,

Kadyr macias.

E-5

No

What are your total years and total months of service?
It says 7 years total, on the ARPC form 249-E, however, when I got my peb they said they credited me with 5 years 4 months total combine active and reserves.

There should be a column on your RPAS that says "Total Points for Retirement". At the bottom of that "Points For Retirement" column, there is a number that adds all your points up from throughout your career that count towards retirement. That's the number I need.

I think I have a diferent colum doesn't look like is much of a diference it says "total points creditable" at the end of the colum the total says 1953. Hopefully this is what you need.

10th September 2014

What is the rating percentage given for each one of those? What is your total military % rating for disability?

Its PTSD at 70% permanent retirement list, the only one i have as combat related.

What is your total VA % rating for disability? 70% PTSD, 10% TBI, 50% sleep apnea, 10% tinnitus, and a few 0%. However the combine rating is 90% with iu permanent at 100%.

Couldn't do 20 years, I was fed up.

V/R,

Kadyr macias.

OK. All figures are rounded to dollars.

I arbitrarily put your average base pay for the last 36 months at 2,700.

See your last 36 LES statements and adjust fire on my figures.

70% military DoD disability would be 2,700 X .70 = 1,890

You won't see a dime of your DoD retirement because your VA is well in excess of your DoD retirement.

100% VA = 2,858

BUT YOU HAVE COMBAT/COMBAT RELATED 70%

Apply for CRSC as soon as you can legally do so.

70% VA for CRSC is 1,312.

You have 5 yrs 5 mth time toward retirement (DoD says 360 days = 1 yr. & 30 days = 1 mth) 1,953 = 5 yrs 5 mth

5yrs/5mth = 13.54% retirement pay

Using my 2,700 p/mth average base pay (you will need to figure out what your REAL number is), then 13.54% of 2,700 = 365. (2,700 X .1354 = 365)

365 is your retirement based on LOS.

MAXIMUM CRSC is limited by either the CRSC VA disability % amount (in your case 1,312) OR your LOS retirement amount. CRSC CANNOT be greater than your LOS amount.

So if I have this correct, assuming you are single - no kids -

You will receive 2,858 from VA (tax free) and if approved for CRSC, you will also receive 365 (also tax free).

Looks like the GOV'T is willing to pay you a dollar or so a day for the rest of your life for your CRSC (if approved).

If ANYONE sees an error in this, let this guy know ASAP on this thread.

And be sure to determine your REAL 36 mth base pay average and just do the computations like I did above to get to your correct figures. Go back 36 months, add all your base pays together, then DIVIDE that number by 36. That's your REAL 36 mth base pay average.

Your 13.54% for LOS will stay the same, so keep your 13.54% figure - no need to recalculate that.

Your CRSC will be whatever your REAL 36 mth average is X .1354.

(Your REAL base number X .1354 = monthly CRSC dollar amount).

If I got this wrong - or if there have been changes made, please correct me!

V/R,
nwlivewire

OK. All figures are rounded to dollars.

I arbitrarily put your average base pay for the last 36 months at 2,700.

See your last 36 LES statements and adjust fire on my figures.

70% military DoD disability would be 2,700 X .70 = 1,890

You won't see a dime of your DoD retirement because your VA is well in excess of your DoD retirement.

100% VA = 2,858

BUT YOU HAVE COMBAT/COMBAT RELATED 70%

Apply for CRSC as soon as you can legally do so.

70% VA for CRSC is 1,312.

You have 5 yrs 5 mth time toward retirement (DoD says 360 days = 1 yr. & 30 days = 1 mth) 1,953 = 5 yrs 5 mth

5yrs/5mth = 13.54% retirement pay

Using my 2,700 p/mth average base pay (you will need to figure out what your REAL number is), then 13.54% of 2,700 = 365. (2,700 X .1354 = 365)

365 is your retirement based on LOS.

MAXIMUM CRSC is limited by either the CRSC VA disability % amount (in your case 1,312) OR your LOS retirement amount. CRSC CANNOT be greater than your LOS amount.

So if I have this correct, assuming you are single - no kids -

You will receive 2,858 from VA (tax free) and if approved for CRSC, you will also receive 365 (also tax free).

Looks like the GOV'T is willing to pay you a dollar or so a day for the rest of your life for your CRSC (if approved).

If ANYONE sees an error in this, let this guy know ASAP on this thread.

And be sure to determine your REAL 36 mth base pay average and just do the computations like I did above to get to your correct figures. Go back 36 months, add all your base pays together, then DIVIDE that number by 36. That's your REAL 36 mth base pay average.

Your 13.54% for LOS will stay the same, so keep your 13.54% figure - no need to recalculate that.

Your CRSC will be whatever your REAL 36 mth average is X .1354.

(Your REAL base number X .1354 = monthly CRSC dollar amount).

If I got this wrong - or if there have been changes made, please correct me!

V/R,
nwlivewire

Thx for the math just one question, is it my last 36 months from the last time when I was active duty, or do i count last 36 months of my reserves time. I was reserves for about 4 years, got out of active duty in 2010. Thx for all ur help.

Thx for the math just one question, is it my last 36 months from the last time when I was active duty, or do i count last 36 months of my reserves time. I was reserves for about 4 years, got out of active duty in 2010. Thx for all ur help.

It's my understanding that you do the 36 month average as if you had been on AD for these past 36 months.