script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Anyone else having a similar experience?

Homad

Registered Member
I don’t remember the exact dates right now, but it’s been about 13 months since I was referred into the IDES process.

A lot of the initial waiting was for the VA Exams, COVID made the timeline move very slowly.
My case was submitted to the PEB on March 11th 2021, and I still have no answer back. The PEBLO quoted me a time frame of about 30 days, and several other sailors at my command had their cases submitted after mine, and have already received their preliminary findings.

I touch base with my PEBLO about twice a week, and every time he simply repeats that it is “still with the medical officer”.

Today I asked if their was a way to get any additional information as to why it’s been with one person for almost a full month, and he said that there hasn’t been any updates entered on my case for two weeks.

My VA claim on eBenefits states that it’s in Preparation for Decision, it’s been there for about 3 months now.

I know some people’s cases can take longer, but usually that’s for more complex cases? My case seems very straightforward to me, my NARSUM was pretty concise, as was the NMA.

Has anyone dealt with anything similar to this? It’s pretty stressful sitting in limbo, debating putting in job applications or beginning to talk with realtors, not knowing how much longer I might have to continue waiting for an answer.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The waiting in hard. Some services have changed the way the PEB functions due to COVID. The board members are reviewing the case a serial fashion, rather than in parallel in distributed environment So the process is taking longer.

th87

Registered Member
I don’t remember the exact dates right now, but it’s been about 13 months since I was referred into the IDES process.

A lot of the initial waiting was for the VA Exams, COVID made the timeline move very slowly.
My case was submitted to the PEB on March 11th 2021, and I still have no answer back. The PEBLO quoted me a time frame of about 30 days, and several other sailors at my command had their cases submitted after mine, and have already received their preliminary findings.

I touch base with my PEBLO about twice a week, and every time he simply repeats that it is “still with the medical officer”.

Today I asked if their was a way to get any additional information as to why it’s been with one person for almost a full month, and he said that there hasn’t been any updates entered on my case for two weeks.

My VA claim on eBenefits states that it’s in Preparation for Decision, it’s been there for about 3 months now.

I know some people’s cases can take longer, but usually that’s for more complex cases? My case seems very straightforward to me, my NARSUM was pretty concise, as was the NMA.

Has anyone dealt with anything similar to this? It’s pretty stressful sitting in limbo, debating putting in job applications or beginning to talk with realtors, not knowing how much longer I might have to continue waiting for an answer.
Reach out to your attorney. I got hooked up with a lot of details of what was going on at my board before my PEBLO called me with the news. Good luck!

yellowshehulk

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yes. This waiting game is agonizing. I enrolled into IDES in SEPT 2020 and finally had my VA appts in February and March. One of my appts was lost and I had to redo part of it in April. The diagnoses have come back and I can review them on tricare online, but I have yet to receive my NARSUM. My EAOS is 31AUG2021 and I am going to be pissed if I have to be put on medhold. So I feel you, it sucks.