Anyone get an approved waist exemption?

KARobinson3

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
i don't know if this is the right area of the forum, but I'm trying to see if anyone has ever had an approved waist exemption (for non pregnancy or surgery). I read the AFI and it says that the DAWG can submit one for approval.

For me personally, I have major low Hormone issues that may be Cushing's and/or a pituitary adenoma (still waiting on tests). I've lost over 20lbs with hardly a change to my waist measurement (less than 1/2 inch) and Cushing's is shown to cause "potbelly" with weight gain around the mid section more than other areas.

Can anyone advise??

Yes, I was approved for a waist exemption. Some medical condition effect abdominal circumference and are exempt just as the AFI indicates.

The AFI states that, but I'm getting push back from the head of the DAWG because he said it isn't a problem (even though I proved it by losing 20lbs and gaining inches/mo loss on my mandatory weekly measurements. I guess I'm looking for specific diseases or cases so I can build my argument.

I had left sided heart failure, it can causes massive abdominal weight gain. Its a know effect of left sided heart failure. Search for medical evidence that your condition is associated with abdominal fluid retention. No offense but your weight/waist stats don't prove a medical relationship. I know that if you have Cushing's
disease, you will find plenty of evidence on credible websites. Show them you know what you are talking about. If necessary go see the ADC.