Anyone on a similar timeline?

I'm at day 21 since the board finished and I am waiting to get my DA199. I am about to lose my mind!

I signed 13 days ago. I guess my message and orders are going to come slow now because the holiday season and leave.. :(

so got told today my package is in Pensacola so I should be getting my DA199 this week. My unit is telling me that it could be 60-90 days till I separate but my PABLO has told me multiple times I get to choose my EAS. I asked her point blank what happens next and she said I get four copies of my stuff one for IPAC, one for my unit, one for me and I dunno and then I get to take it to IPAC and change my EAS to a date of my choosing. I want ASAP cause I am already in school. What is the minimum amount of time I will have to wait to EAS? I've only got 8 days of leave on the books left due to trying to be pro active and getting my life setup at home and getting into school and what not.

Thank you to all of you for your service.

I am new here, and joined to review others circumstances to better communicate with my son -- USMC. He was found unfit (9 unfitting submitted conditions) early last month (his first limdu was late in 2012.) And, no he does not know I am 'snooping' I just want to be able to have better communication.

After no updates to him nor any in the system for the last 2 weeks, he checked with PEBLO this moring and was told the VA has put process on hold - something about not enough VA documentation for one of his injuries. Cripes, they are the ones who did the testing and perpared that paperwork. Would this also make the ebeneifts information be removed because he says that his 'unfit' decision is no longer viewable.

I see that some of you reviewed documents prior to the mailing the med board. He was told the atty's wouldn't have anyting to review until he received findings back. Are some branches different? This is something he and I have greatly dissagreed about.

Also, he has had several other tests done in the last 6 weeks or so, and one finding may lead to surgery which I understand would halt the process and/or restart it (give me a break because you folks can really go nuts with all this). He was talking this morning that because of these issues, he says he will already have to deny findings, when they get back, just so that these new issues could be added.

As an update --- My son finally was made aware of his findings on 12-24-14 (signed by the Board on 12-17-14 and initial package was submitted in July). {{Two of buddies, also combat injured, whose packages were submitted in Oct and end of Nov had both already been provided with their findings -- both also appealed for various reasons) As my son's injuries were extensive and affected several body parts, including his dominant shoulder / elbow, back, neck and hip, pain managment (not inlcuding the TBI and PTSD), DOD findings was 20% (shoulder only), without indication of the other injuries. The VA findings was 100% (individual injuries totaled 450), No RFEs/permanent, and included Basic Eligibilty Chapter 35 benefits, which I am not really familiar with. All of his command were shocked as he has been there for nearly 2 years and has always been classified as their most complicated case (due to the various bodily injuries) and fully expected him to recievie near, if not, 100% DOD. Of course, they are not the Board, but have seen enough findings to have thought that. So, he appealed the DOD findings and just today received the date for his Formal hearing.

I am so crazy upset / anxious / angry and all other similar adjectives. He has been, as others, through so much and I just pray that he does not get steered wrongly in the weeks to come. One of his disabilities is that he can't always remember things, and asked the laywer to conference call me while they had their meeting so that I could assist him after to ensure he followed the advice. It is nuts that they are there to help at these 'wounded batallions' but they can't seem to help -- the laywer refused to call me while they had there meeting.

Does anyone know if it is possilbe (or necessary) that I attend the formal hearing with him? Also, I do understand that often times there is an agreed to settlement prior to the actual hearing.

Thanks to all for my venting. I pray for each of those of you who have left something beind on the battlefield.

So here is a brief timeline, just looking for some others in a similar boat as me so we can relay info to each other.

1 April 2014- referral to ides
5 May- MSC appointment to review med records
2 June- final C&P exam
20 August- signed NARSUM
25 August- package sent to PEB
12 September- found unfit

now just waiting...

as of today the VA hotline stated that I am still in the Developmental Stages and waiting to go to ratings.

ebennies still states gathering of evidence and from what i understand is garbage lol

anyone else near my timeline?

My timeframe was close to yours. I received a letter in the mail today from VA 80% Service Connected. Tried contacting PEBLO to no avail. Hang in there, you should hear something soon. I can't wait for all of this to be over with. I was told in Dec that my rating was at 80% but this is on VA side of things, nothing yet on DOD.

Does anyone know if it is possilbe (or necessary) that I attend the formal hearing with him? Also, I do understand that often times there is an agreed to settlement prior to the actual hearing.

You can attend if you want to. The bigger question is whether they (military) will pay for your travel/expenses. This is a more complicated issue. Potentially, you could be paid to go if you are designated as an attendant.

As for being necessary to go? I don't know that it would be necessary. If you have some testimony or evidence to provide in person, then this might make sense. But, in most cases, I would not see this as being a necessity.

As for "settlements" prior to formal boards, if there is evidence showing a different outcome than initially rendered, it is possible to get an informal board reconsideration.

I hope all goes well for your son.

Thank you Jason.

We are trying to hang in there, and daily I get really upset how the staff and peblo office at the wounded warrior btn treat my son. His formal hearing can't be close enough, and yet it seems like a lifetime away!

You can attend if you want to. The bigger question is whether they (military) will pay for your travel/expenses. This is a more complicated issue. Potentially, you could be paid to go if you are designated as an attendant.

As for being necessary to go? I don't know that it would be necessary. If you have some testimony or evidence to provide in person, then this might make sense. But, in most cases, I would not see this as being a necessity.

As for "settlements" prior to formal boards, if there is evidence showing a different outcome than initially rendered, it is possible to get an informal board reconsideration.

I hope all goes well for your son.

Hope I am 'replying' correctly. Thanks to everyone on this site, from the moderators and those posting, here with their personal life matters.

I have been reading alot and there is soo much on this site === so much help. With that said.

My son has such a terrible time dealing with change and one minute is interested in talking about all of this, and the next just blows it off. I am doing my best to help 'guide' him the best I can.

In summary for his injuries: 1 tour to Afghan; 3 IED blasts (2 LOC); one bad episode of incoming mortar rounds which he was able to launch himself out of the way and landed very hard on the right side of his body; had TBI (blood spots finally absorbed in 2014) still insane headaches and extreme light sensitivity; can't concentrate and make decisions; PTSD flashbacks, etc. Injuries to his right shoulder, right elbow, upper spine and lower spine.

Most of his submitted medical records included abdominal pain records from ER visits and such and since has had endoscopy and colonoscopy with severe inflammation, several hernias and most likely ulcerative colitis. His local JAG recommend he not 'add' anything at this time, but appeal only is DOD findings. Here is the information I have, but MOSTLY am concerned since he does not have much time to consult with his attorney for the formal hearing which is only a few weeks away.

FYI -- currently his medical records (naval only) is in excess of 600 pages (not including actual films/scans) He has multiple injuries, the majority of which is from his single deployment to Afghan in 2011. How will this attorney possibly have time to thoroughly review his file??

What I am having a hard time understanding the overwhelming VA ratings percentages, and the minimal DOD rating. Also, his local JAG did recommend he submit a personal statement, but he had already submitted on with the initial document. So, together we worked on the statement but I have no idea if it was what the JAG felt would help because he has yet to hear back from him. Also, from reading all these threads, I wonder if he should be working on a more substantial document that he could read at the hearing as he has soo many injuries. Not sure what the best route so I can help him.

Here is what I have from his findings:

VA -- 49 reasons for decision (22 of 49 separate items with % assigned from 50 - 10% (7 at 30% and higher)

Code #s

8100 - 50%

9411 - 50%

5025 - 40%

5237 - 40%

5276 - 30%

6204 - 30%

7804 - 30%

5003-5201 - 20%

5213 - 20%

8513 - 20%

5003-5253 - 10%

5206 - 10%

5237 - 10%

5260 - 10%

5260 - 10%

5271 - 10%

5271 - 10%

6260 - 10%

7319-7346 - 10%

7800 - 10%

8520 - 10%

8520 - 10%

21 others at 0% (5003-5252; 6090; 6099-6009; 6100; 8045 which should be rated due to combat; and these 7599-7522 and 6599-6522 which I believe are either due to the IED blasts or the incredible amount of drugs they have had him on for nearly 2 years now; and he has begun testosterone treatment and does not yet have any children)

DOD (each is CR/AC)(czone)

Category I

1.1 - 1.4 (myofascial pain syndrome; right shoulder rotator cuff tear; right shoulder impingement sysdrome; shoulder pain. These given a 20% (code 5003-5201)

Category II

2-2.1 (TBI / Headaches) These given 0% (code 8045)

Category III --- no ratings for these

3. - lumgago

4. right cubital tunnel syndrome

5. right elbow medial epicondylitis

6. cervicalgia

Separately from the board process, he was convinced to apply for STGLI and SSDI and was denied both. He has until June this year to appeal the STGLI and has met with a private lawyer (payment if successful) for SSDI. I have been reading alot of these 'benefits' are proven with conflicting evidence. As far as what awaits him after he is released is completly unknown. Frankly, I don't know if he will ever be able to keep a job and don't really think college is possible due to his concentration problems. Maybe a voc rehab will workout somehow. He has a wife (married last June and no children and may not have any due to his testosterone problem)

In advance, thank you all so very much.

***correction to the medical records page count - his med board package is nearly 600 pages (mostly the C&P exams). His medical records are actually in excess of 1,000 pages.

So here is a brief timeline, just looking for some others in a similar boat as me so we can relay info to each other.

1 April 2014- referral to ides
5 May- MSC appointment to review med records
2 June- final C&P exam
20 August- signed NARSUM
25 August- package sent to PEB
12 September- found unfit

now just waiting...

as of today the VA hotline stated that I am still in the Developmental Stages and waiting to go to ratings.

ebennies still states gathering of evidence and from what i understand is garbage lol

anyone else near my timeline?
I am on your timeline, my separation documents have already been requested. I have a proposed rating, VA has verified that , but no one can tell me what the rating is until The 199 comes from the PEB... So they say.

How do you guys know when the package was sent out after you signed the NARSUM? does Your PEBLO calls you and tell you where is the package or you're just assuming that it was sent to DC with an fedex tracking number, after you signed the form. Also, how do you know if the package arrived at DC 3 days later? Where can you find such information? Plus who notified you for unfit or fit med board tesults?

My PEBLO informed me that she was electronically sending my packet to the PEB , and she also emailed me my unfit letter 16 days later.

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, congratulations on your notification receipt of IPEB findings inclusive of DoD proposed and DoVA proposed ratings at this point in time! :D

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!
Hello Warrior644, I have a question if you don't mind. I just recently signed my 199 with 50% DOD and 100% VA however I was also in need of surgery which was approved through the appropriate channels. My 199 has been sent up, what are the chances my MEB will be paused/terminated? 199 was signeous and sent up on 17 Nov 17 and surgery was on 20 Nov 17