Anyone who has PCS'd home to await discharge orders-PLEASE help me....

Much Mental trauma during 12 yr career. Haven't tried to think about everything that has happened at once, but I do now that my career coming to an end. Ready to say goodbye to the military. Think my HIPPA has been violated by co-workers at work again. Fibro, Myofascial pain, back hurts alot and PTSD getting worse...

How do you get authorized:

4.7.3. Leave Awaiting Orders. Charge leave as accrued and accruing when the commander sends
a member home or to another location in a PCS status to await orders for disability separation.
Charge any remaining time as an authorized absence after the member uses all accrued leave

Please help me....

Ed Kozlowski

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
This is something that I'm going to be looking into as well. From what I could find in the AFI, there is a form letter in there to request it and it shows how to submit it...I believe through your PEBLO to MPF to AFPC, as long as you have met all of your outprocessing items/paperwrk.

Marine32

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I was under the assumption that the the home awaiting orders option was only available AFTER the service member has went through, and received their findings by the IPEB. Otherwise, you could only assume that the subject person is getting a disability seperation.

Marine32

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I didn't have an exact question. You didn't specify that you were waiting until a decision came back, so I just made a comment to help you understand that you can't get home awaiting orders unless your IPEB decision came back. And trust me... you can't assume that you will get the decision of unfit, fit, PDRL, TDRL etc. I'm just telling you this because i'm sure there are many people on this forum that expected a certain decision and didn't get it.

Marine32

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Amygal82,

Sorry to hear about all the problems you have (and still are) dealing with. I wasn't saying what i said to question you in any way, i was just making sure you where aware that these people (IPEB) don't always make the decisions you would expect... even if it seems obvious to you and anybody else with common sense. And it's a very difficult process to deal with. I've been through it myself... and i'm currently trying to get back in. Either way, I'm just telling you to do everything you can do to make sure they get the right info and make the right decision before you worry about getting out of there... lol like i wanted too. But the only reason for my original post was to make sure you knew the home awaiting orders thing was not available until they came back with their decision... and then hopefully you keep your command on your side so they allow you to do it. Anyway, I hope you get what you deserve and wish you the best of luck.

Jeep Freak

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
You know it is h*ll going through life trying to do the right thing and doing your best. I would expect this of most people in the military and the compassion toward a fellow warrior who has fallen on the field of battle or at the BX/PX buying that fat free soda. The fact that I am learning as you is there are more self righteous achievers than battle buddies who will walk right on by you.

I will spare you my encouragement but will tell you that I have had enough and fought back today myself. I apologized to the hospital commander that I did not informed her of an infraction that has been happening with a senior NCO retiring on AD and receiving a MSN for her retirement. I explained that after the last time I did the right thing a couple of years ago the beating (not literal) was horrific and I could not do it again in this state, but I did start it anyways. As I was leaving my office to go, the flt comm (my immed sup) stopped me and informed me we should talk about this first, we did one year ago. She then threatened me that somehow I violated regs by not informing her earlier of going above her head. I told her I could always bypass and go straight to the IG. I informed the Hosp Commander of the threat and she was very shocked not only of this but all the trouble I have been receiving.

This is far from over and I have no idea where I will gather the energy to continue this fight tomorrow but it is my duty to report infractions. I expect a great deal of knives in my back from this just like the last time. I have still not stopped shaking or crying , just what people want to see a 49 yr old MSgt crying. We have a choice and it must be chosen wisely. Have your ducks in order and go in eyes open. I told her nobody should be treated this way simply because of falling ill, we still deserve to be treated fairly. This will probably be my first 1 EPR.

Don’t you just hate the person who is always happy with a smile, you just want to punch them out. I’m that guy and it is all a front to keep me from crying all day long. I have to force myself to go to work, I need to hide sometimes during the day just to get by, and then I have to force myself to go home as well but life goes on. We all need to deal with life the best that we can and I'm hoping things get better because who wants to hire someone like this.

You know what, I'm thinking I'm going to have to go to MH tomorrow after reading this.

Ed Kozlowski

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Wow...hang in there man. I can only imagine what you're going through, but in alot of ways, I feel exactly the same. I chose not to fight my IPEB and just want to retire and get the he!! out. I can no longer fight the battle...my mental and physical stamina are gone.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">