Appeal process for rating

254wondering

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all.
I have been going through the IDES process for about a year. I finally got my findings today. I got 20% DoD and 100% VA. however, I strongly disagree with my rating. My referred condition was lumbar spondylosis (forgive me if i spelled it wrong) with radiculopathy. My PEBLO I understand isn’t there to give me guidance. But the lawyer I have through the MC isn’t much better. I don’t know what to do. I really am surprised I got 20% considering I have surgery done and was up for revision surgery recently. I take pain killers every day and have gone through multiple physical therapists, chiros and pain management. I’m further confused because of the 100% VA rating. From my understanding I’m not on the permanent list which means a yearly trip down to the VA. Any help and guidance (even resources) is appreciated.

What was the VA rating for the back alone? the VA rating includes more issues than the unfitting conditions. See chart below to see how they got the back rating it's almost exclusively by the ROM numbers.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1579137156486.jpg
    FB_IMG_1579137156486.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 25
Any condition that was unfitting (part of the 20%) is subject to a VARR. You can ask the PEBLO for a VARR on unfitting conditions.

Hello all.
I have been going through the IDES process for about a year. I finally got my findings today. I got 20% DoD and 100% VA. however, I strongly disagree with my rating. My referred condition was lumbar spondylosis (forgive me if i spelled it wrong) with radiculopathy. My PEBLO I understand isn’t there to give me guidance. But the lawyer I have through the MC isn’t much better. I don’t know what to do. I really am surprised I got 20% considering I have surgery done and was up for revision surgery recently. I take pain killers every day and have gone through multiple physical therapists, chiros and pain management. I’m further confused because of the 100% VA rating. From my understanding I’m not on the permanent list which means a yearly trip down to the VA. Any help and guidance (even resources) is appreciated.

I received the same ratings but they are projected. Do you have info on DOD severance pay if your getting 100 VA