Appeal was successful!!

IAMIS93

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Just an updating my timeline to give others some hope! I was found fit for full (PTSD & migraines) and I appealed it. Just got word that I was found unfit from my FPEB and my case has been sent to the VA for ratings! So happy this is almost over for me! I’m kinda tired of fighting.

LIMDU: 10Jul17
MED Initiated: 26Jul17
C&P Exams: 18&22Aug17
Received NARSUM: 19Sept17
Wrote Rebuttal: 19Sept17
Submitted to PEB: 27Sept17
Fit for Full Findings: 01Nov17
Appeal: 09Nov17
Appeal Approved: 28Dec17
FPEB: 30Jan18
PEB to VA: 09Feb18
VA to PEB:
Signed 199:
Received Orders:
Separation Date:
DOD Rating:
VA Rating:

Congratulations on a claim moving in the direction you desired.

my husband got his ratings this morning and they found him fit. they found him fit because his chief put down his accolades where they asked his chief to write down how it effected his position in the navy. we are heartbroken over this and will be contesting it, obviously. the PEBLO said we have ten days, so we are gathering every thing that we can to do this. any information on how you did this and got through it sanely would be of assistance. my husband is being MEB due to chronic migraines as well, and is an IT in the navy

my husband got his ratings this morning and they found him fit. they found him fit because his chief put down his accolades where they asked his chief to write down how it effected his position in the navy. we are heartbroken over this and will be contesting it, obviously. the PEBLO said we have ten days, so we are gathering every thing that we can to do this. any information on how you did this and got through it sanely would be of assistance. my husband is being MEB due to chronic migraines as well, and is an IT in the navy

Hello,
Sorry you guys got bad news but as you see by my timeline there is still hope. I was also heart broken when I was found fit for full. Like how?!? For my migraines alone I’ve been put on a half day chit (I can only work 4hrs or less) for the last 7 months. And I still miss days of work of go home even earlier than my already short shift because I’m in so much pain. I also have a computer job which is what caused my migraines years ago. Sitting at a computer in a dark room for hours and then going outside in the bright sun... instant headache every time. With after years of medical just giving me Motrin they turned into migraines. I’ve now been on 4 different sets of meds plus Botox injunctions to help decrease my migraines. But just like many other things if life... things got worst before they could get better. I’m currently still waiting on things to get better. Once I was approved for my FPEB, I went and just answered all questions they had honestly.

Good luck!

we are being told that contesting it would be silly - but we are fighting this

we are being told that contesting it would be silly - but we are fighting this

I don’t understand what’s silly about it. Migraines hurt. Bad! When I have them I physically can not move. My whole world stops. It’s a serious thing! Fight for it!

his chief messed this thing up for him. in his chiefs statement - they asked him to put down how the migraines effect his job negatively....he copied and pasted his latest eval, which was stellar. when they came back and found him fit - their reasoning was copied and pasted what the chief said.......

He can explain that to the FPEB. That was a question that I got as well. If I barely work and it’s so hard for me then why do I have such good Evals. Which to me was s stupid question to begin with because the members of the board are military and should know the answer already. Evals are pretty cut and paste. If my leaders gave me a bad eval that would reflect badly on them. As long as you’re not a (excuse my language) shitbag sailor then everyone gets a pretty good eval.

exactly - he was also junior sailor of the year last year. so the board saw that as "fit"....so my husband has to slack off to show what he goes through? noted. ha!

I don’t understand what’s silly about it. Migraines hurt. Bad! When I have them I physically can not move. My whole world stops. It’s a serious thing! Fight for it!
Migraines do suck. Va rated me 30 for them

I also got my ratings today of fit for PTSD based on that the board said I haven’t had treatment since July 2017 which isn’t true. In July my care went from a mtf to a va due to no cost tad. I am submitting a rebuttal but just wondering if you had any advice. I’m in a non working status and have been limdu since March 2017 in non working. My ides attorney said they probably said fit because I’m an officer and can resign instead. Any thoughts?