appeals AFTER acceptance?

Hi guys, I am still waiting for UNFIT and ratings decision but I am wondering a couple things. If I get ratings back and I accept and get processed out, can the IPEB decision of ratings still be appealed after discharge? And if so, does that change your likelihood of a positive outcome? I know im thinking ahead of myself but I'd like to ponder options having more than 10 days to do so. Thanks

Hi guys, I am still waiting for UNFIT and ratings decision but I am wondering a couple things. If I get ratings back and I accept and get processed out, can the IPEB decision of ratings still be appealed after discharge? And if so, does that change your likelihood of a positive outcome? I know im thinking ahead of myself but I'd like to ponder options having more than 10 days to do so. Thanks

With the assumption that you are in the U.S. Navy, the composition of the "SECNAVCORB is comprised of the Physical Evaluation Board (PEB), the Combat-Related Special Compensation Board (CRSCB), the Naval Discharge Review Board (NDRB), the Naval Complaints Review Board (NCRB), the Naval Clemency and Parole Board (NCPB), the Navy Department's Board of Decorations and Medals (NDBDM) and the Disability Review Board (DRB)."

To that extent, please reference the below URL for detailed information about the "DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, SECRETARY OF THE NAVY COUNCIL OF REVIEW BOARDS:"
In reference to any potential "positive outcome" via the SECNAVCORB, it's definitely feasible albeit the availability of medical evidence and/or medical documentation is only one key element to supporting your appeal or disagreement in my opinion.

Indeed, every DoD IDES case is unique to their own specific situation, but I would strongly offer that you very carefully consider all of your available options now while still in the IDES process with the assistance of the IDES Legal Office versus defaulting acceptance to any IDES injustices for potential resolution as a military veteran via the SECNAVCORB.

In retrospect due to constant documented injustices, it took me 618 calendar days in order to officially complete the DoD IDES process ultimately resulting in the placement onto the DoD military TDRL. As such, my DoD IDES case file disagreements are forever officially documented and available if I so choose to continue my appeals via the Army Review Boards Agency.

With that all said, please take care and I hope for much success for a favorable DoD IDES case final disposition. :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Last edited:
Thanks for your insight. Can't click that link but I think you answered my question either way

Thanks for your insight. Can't click that link but I think you answered my question either way
Indeed, you are quite welcome! :)

Hmm, I am now also having difficulties with the URL for the "DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, SECRETARY OF THE NAVY COUNCIL OF REVIEW BOARDS" albeit it was previously operational; they are probably experiencing website technical difficulties at this point in time in my opinion. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Getting these fixed later down the road is possible, but quite hard. There is no reason I can think of to expect an appeal down the road to offer better results than the FPEB.
And if so, does that change your likelihood of a positive outcome?
If you look over correction board decisions they will sometimes reference the fact that the IPEB results were accepted as evidence against a change being needed. Of course there are ways of telling the story that explains why circumstances have changed that make an appeal make sense now when it didn't back then, but it just becomes one more thing you need to convince them on.