Approaching MEB need help

Raymond

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'll start with the facts I am an E-6 with 10 years in the Army and I was diagnosed a month ago with a heridlitary kidney disease. My question is that will this be considered a service-connected disability or not. Now I knew my brother had this because it happened to him prior to my joining the Army, I have never been hospitalized in my life until now and noone thought I had gotten the disease. I noted this when I joined that I had one brother diagnosed with this but they told me I was good.

If you didn't conceal anything upon entry in the army, I'm pretty sure they "own it" now.

The Eight years rule should apply :(7) Disability Compensation for Certain Members with Pre-existing Medical Conditions. In the case of a member who is on active duty for more than 30 days whose disability is determined to have been incurred before the member became entitled to basic pay in the member’s current period of active duty, the disability shall be deemed to have been incurred while the member was entitled to basic pay and shall be so considered for purposes of determining whether the disability was incurred in the line of duty provided the member has over 8 years of active service. The 8 years of active service does not have to be continuous. ;)

The Eight years rule should apply :(7) Disability Compensation for Certain Members with Pre-existing Medical Conditions. In the case of a member who is on active duty for more than 30 days whose disability is determined to have been incurred before the member became entitled to basic pay in the member’s current period of active duty, the disability shall be deemed to have been incurred while the member was entitled to basic pay and shall be so considered for purposes of determining whether the disability was incurred in the line of duty provided the member has over 8 years of active service. The 8 years of active service does not have to be continuous. ;)

Yep, that's absolutely correct imho. Worst case is that it might be considered as "aggravated by service" as well.

Back