April IPEB Packages

Amygal82
My package was sent out May 3rd and I posted that the only NARSUM that went out was from MH. They sent all of my medical records to be review, approx 2000 pages. Hope they don't lose them because they looked like the originals. I did get a copy made before it went though.

Found unfit my Commander/MEB. Does that help me or hurt me?

Just to clarify, only the PEB makes fitness findings. But, if that is the outcome you want, their support of this position is helpful.

I don't know what I want. I know I do need time to get better. I now have another problem. My phyciatrist just diagnosed me with PTSD today. And my MEB was turned in yesterday to IPEB. So do I rebut to add it to my package or just wait to have it for the VA?

ARMY IPEB

Sent to PEB 12 April 2011
Unfit finding for Asthma 6 May 2011
Pending VA Compensation 3-4 weeks to go.

Tinman, VA comp or you are getting medically retired with tdrl/pdrl?

Amygal 82
I understand your confusion, its a tough job market outside not to mention personal feelings. Try to ask the MH person if they will send an admendment to the IPEB or contact the PEBLO to send it. Worse case tell them you will have to appeal it when it comes back if the info is not added.

Tinman, VA comp or you are getting medically retired with tdrl/pdrl?

From what i understand my ratings will come directly from the VA. I'm in the pilot program so the PEB only makes a fit or unfit decision and the VA makes the percentage decision.

That being said, i was found unfit by the PEB and my packet was sent to the VA the same day.

tinman - I'm also a DES'er. You can read my timeline in the Dec10 packages thread- but to the point, I signed my unfit findings in early Dec 2010 and received my IPEB findings on 22APR2011.

Don't get stressed watching non-DES packages move so quickly.

tinman - I'm also a DES'er. You can read my timeline in the Dec10 packages thread- but to the point, I signed my unfit findings in early Dec 2010 and received my IPEB findings on 22APR2011.

Don't get stressed watching non-DES packages move so quickly.

I never signed my unfit findings. I had preliminary findings which were unfit, it then got sent to the VA for my rating. My PEBLO made it clear that i wont sign my final package until its back from the VA and the PEB types my 199 (3-4 weeks at this point). After that its 7-10 days for orders out of the Army.

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant when I signed the MEB's recommendation for IPEB. I signed *that* in early Dec 2010, and got my VA/AF findings 22APR11. But my VA rep called me around 21MAR2011 to tell me the VA had come up with my rating, and he told me it over the phone. The rest of the wait (4 weeks) was AF rigamarole- so hopefully DA is better.

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant when I signed the MEB's recommendation for IPEB. I signed *that* in early Dec 2010, and got my VA/AF findings 22APR11. But my VA rep called me around 21MAR2011 to tell me the VA had come up with my rating, and he told me it over the phone. The rest of the wait (4 weeks) was AF rigamarole- so hopefully DA is better.

Oh i hope the Army's timeline is a bit better at this point. If all i'm waiting on is the VA to rate me and ratings are coming back in less than 4 weeks at this point. I'm looking good. After that its out processing and terminal leave. The process has been ok to this point, i hope it keeps moving.

If you are in the IDES program, I would sit back and relax. The VA takes a long time. From what I noticed, the VA normally contacts the vet in about 3 months with the rating notification. After that, AFPC will take about a month to get the formal results sent to your PEBLO. However, my PEBLO told me last week that AFPC has been reporting a 5-6 months complete turn around from the date the IPEB package was sent.

Depending on how fast Walter Reed goes through the IPEB, I would imagine Army timelines will run just about the same as AF.

My package was sent 22 March. I'm hoping to hear something from the VA within the next couple weeks. I've been accepted into the University of Utah for fall semester. Trying to get out by Aug 1 or at least be on terminal.

AGR/Army:

Packet received at Walter Reed on 11 April11.

So far it's been 44 Days, no word to date.

I'm Active Duty AF and in the IDES. My package was sent to the IPEB on 7 April and I got my VA rating yesterday. So just shy of two months for my rating. I was told though that it would still be another two to three weeks though before I got the official paperwork back from AFPC. I know every case is different but I hope this helps someone with timeline questions.

Just so everyone is aware, the IPEB office at Randolph is very understaffed right now and it's pushing April/May packages back at least 2 weeks. Mine was supposed to be finished this week, but now they're saying around 15 June. As you can see, I'm holding my breath...